Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by Go South @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

Have the politicians discussed anything about the infrastructure of this area such as sewer, water lines, ditches for drainage or bury the hydro lines before any paving takes place? If not, then yes, this is just election talk. Don't hold your breath
Environment
Jump to new posts Re: No-Take Zones in Belize Could Help Overfishing by Bear @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

Its been proven to work elsewhere, just need the participation of the fishing community then the resources, attitude, and balls to enforce them when a few selfish fisherman dont. Seize the boats, suspend the licenses, fine the hell out of them...but
Gone but not forgotten
Jump to new posts Re: Jesse Cope by BeBelize @ Yesterday at 10:44 PM

So sorry to read this news. I never met Jesse in person but read his website, and we were Facebook friends. He will be missed!
Living in Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Many single expats living on Ambergris Caye ? by SimonB @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

Based on the topic description I was going to ask that you post a picture until I saw your name is Gary...
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by seaglass @ Yesterday at 09:42 PM

Seashell........I'm with you!
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by seashell @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Frankly, I'm looking forward to not having to worry about double sports bra for the cart ride north.
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Basketball Camp Starts Monday by lomckenna @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

A two week basketball camp starts this Monday at the SP High School, for boys age 8 through 16. This is a free camp that will be held Monday through Friday for two weeks from 9AM until 4PM with a one hour break from Noon until 1:00. Any interested bo
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by jwagner @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

Any idea on how long phases one and two will take to complete? Does this typically take years to do or is it something that can be finished in a matter of six months or so?
Living in Belize
Jump to new posts Many single expats living on Ambergris Caye ? by G Mac @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Hi all, I've been considering the possibility of moving to Ambergris Caye. From reading forum posts, I get the impression that the majority of people who live there are couples and an even greater number are retired couples. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by Loansum-Al K @ Yesterday at 07:56 PM

"Well now the road is going to be paved, the first phase is 3 miles, the second phase is to take it to seven miles, then it will continue as funds are made available" Where are these "funds" coming from and how long will they con
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by Tracker @ Yesterday at 07:45 PM

Some people seem to forget that the North of Ambergris Caye is part of Belize, not an exclusive domain of the expat. When "locals" cross the beach on bikes and motor cycles you complain, when the road is graded to make it easier for people
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by ScubaLdy @ Yesterday at 06:28 PM

I question who the people behind this "improvement" really are? I don't think it is any of the what we call 'locals." At least not the thousands of working class locals. Just my not very humble opinion but the people pushing thi
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by elbert @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

Just from the little improvement of gravel fill I've had an increase in drop-in business. It doubled! (from One to Two). I'm all for the road being paved just skeptical about another politician promising improved infrastructure just before the electi
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: 24 hour polyclinic coming? by Marty @ Yesterday at 04:53 PM

Ambergris Hopes Medical Clinic to turn into 24 hours private medical center in November Work has commenced for a much needed 24-hour private medical facility on Ambergris Caye. The confirmation came from one of the project partners Doctor Daniel Gonz
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by reaper @ Yesterday at 04:37 PM

While the charm of the road north is real, the pot holes, mosquito filled puddles an impassable mud holes made it a nightmare sometimes. One of my favorite things to do in SP is to rent a cart and trek north on the "Rum Punch" tour. Coco Lo
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: A Battle Over Birds On San Pedro by Welland @ Yesterday at 04:20 PM

Sounds like it was in the best interest of the birds to be removed.
Classifieds
Jump to new posts Re: GIVE AWAY 3 TV's, 1 Propane BB! by adamg @ Yesterday at 04:19 PM

whereabouts are you please, can I come and see/collect tomorrow 667 2347
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: A Battle Over Birds On San Pedro by Rigrat @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

Just to let people know that the birds are both fine and calm and we are hoping that the leg and the foot of the Macaw will hopefully be saved. The home made band that had cut into the leg has been removed at AMC and we will see if the wound on the l
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by champion @ Yesterday at 03:10 PM

Any improvement that serves the populace of a country is a boon. Transportation of goods and services is in part how countries dig out of the bottom of the heap. It's funny how most visiters come from 1st world countries to see the charms of a third
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by Maya House @ Yesterday at 02:41 PM

You're right on the money, tahunt. The infamous killing of the goose that laid the golden egg! But no one wants to listen, until it's too late.
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: A Battle Over Birds On San Pedro by klcman @ Yesterday at 01:36 PM

for what it is worth, neither of those events were in the 60's.
Classifieds
Jump to new posts GIVE AWAY 3 TV's, 1 Propane BB! by Brian.Maier @ Yesterday at 01:05 PM

I am in San Pedro and have to GIVE AWAY: 1 @ 32" Royal LCD TV 2 @ 21" Royal LCD TVs 1 Propane BBQ with tank - tank is currently seized closed, but it's free! Caveats: The TVs display picture properly but have no remote controls. The butt
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by Phil @ Yesterday at 11:43 AM

Nothing stays the same anywhere. We'll lose a lot of our old school visitors and gain a lot more new school - different dynamic or demographic. They'll spend less per group, do less and enjoy the beach bars and restaurants more but in higher volume.
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: ROAD NORTH by Eskimo @ Yesterday at 11:28 AM

Couldn't agree more. These are our feelings exactly.
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Chihuahua puppy stolen by Phil @ Yesterday at 10:37 AM

Our housekeeper had her four year old daughters female Chihuahua Puppy stolen from their yard in San Pedrito this morning. Neighbour saw a dark skinned tall thin man in a grey shirt take it from their steps Anyone sees or hears anything she'd apprec
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Daily
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
More News...
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Facebook
SanPedroScoop

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
Belize Adventure
Romantic Travel
Building a New Life
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Snorkel from the beach at Tranquility Bay Resort - Belize Snorkeling - Belize Dive Resort
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Black Orchid Restaurant & Lounge, Our mission is To Provide each and every Guest with a Pleasant Dining Experienceg
Mini Chat

Low Air Fares
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 69 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
17360 Members
44 Forums
57174 Topics
442487 Posts

Max Online: 1262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.