Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Living in Belize
Jump to new posts Re: Cheapest way to call to/from USA by MisterB266 @ 04/23/15 08:25 AM

I uses Skype to make free computer to computer calls -- works fine. There is an option where you can pay to make calls to a telephone -- never tried it. Others I know have ipads and use FaceTime -- never tried it. Might help to know what sort of ga
Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Belize Weather Forecast: April 23, 2015 by Marty @ 04/23/15 08:07 AM

From Belmopan... Generally fairly similar but calmer, no ITCZ last night, but some high level cloud over Belize from the NW. . . . Caribbean wind from the sort of east, but not at surface height yet. I expect today to be similar to yesterda
Living in Belize
Jump to new posts Cheapest way to call to/from USA by Cdoucet @ 04/23/15 07:44 AM

How do you guys manage calls to/from the USA without breaking the bank? I have AT&T but the international roaming fees are pretty high. I want to go and spend the summer in San Pedro, but still need a way to talk to Mom. I seem to remember bac
News
Jump to new posts Re: Today's Belize News: April 23, 2015 by Marty @ 04/23/15 06:52 AM

CTV3 Island Cops Of San Pedro Discovers Illicit Drugs And Ammunition While Conducting Raid There is much that is being done to curb the increase of crime in San Pedro Town. According to officials, their se
News
Jump to new posts Today's Belize News: April 23, 2015 by Marty @ 04/23/15 06:52 AM

FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report. Specials and Events Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5 and CTV 3 Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and the Dickie Bradley Specials T
Weather
Jump to new posts Re: Belize Weather Forecast: April 23, 2015 by elbert @ 04/23/15 06:49 AM

On Ambergris caye this morning we have a South-East wind at 15 mph. and expected high of 89. It seems our windy period termed 'The March Blow' came in April this year.
Food & Recipes
Jump to new posts Protein Pancakes/Paleo or Wheat Belly by Marty @ 04/23/15 06:34 AM

Jada shows us how to make protein pancakes using only 3 ingredients. This dish is satisfying and is great for keeping your energy levels up.
Nation
Jump to new posts Changes in P.U.P. Imminent by Marty @ 04/23/15 06:18 AM

Julius Espat And from Petrocaribe to P.U.P. politics… Reports have circulated of high-level changes in the party following the devastating loss in municipal elections. Espat wouldn’t offer details, since he says those would have to come from Party L
Weather
Jump to new posts Belize Weather Forecast: April 23, 2015 by Marty @ 04/23/15 06:02 AM

Belize Weather Forecast: April 23, 2015 General Situation: Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post! Belize NMS: Seasonably hot and dry weather prevails. Advisories:
Toledo
CCJ Settles Communal Land Rights Case; Crowds Inside and Outside Court The courtroom of Chief Justice Kenneth Benjamin was filled to capacity this morning for a session of the Caribbean Court of Justice. Observers, both from t
News
Belize Bank Loses Correspondent Bank Relationship With Bank of America The Belize Bank is Belize’s largest bank – controlling about half of the banking sector, and it’s Belize’s largest domestic lender –
Belize District
Jump to new posts BTL Park, Not Only Recreation But History by Marty @ 04/23/15 05:54 AM

The BTL Park: it has become a popular recreational spot for city residents but from now on, it will be known for more than that. This morning the Belize City Council launched a public exhibit at the BTL Park.
Specials & Events
Jump to new posts Re: Earth Day 2015 by Marty @ 04/23/15 05:51 AM

Observing Earth Day By Planting Trees On Monday we told you about how the Audubon Society was giving away free Mahogany trees. Well it was all in an effort to commemorate Earth Day which is celebrated today. The planting of trees continued a
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: Fishing Report by Marty @ 04/23/15 05:45 AM

FISHING REPORT April 12, 2015 - April 18, 2015 Weather Conditions: Pretty good weather again in the beginning of the week but then the winds came, with 10-20 mph out of the east. No rain although each morning was a little c
Gone but not forgotten
Jump to new posts Re: Peter Tonti by Marty @ 04/23/15 05:39 AM

The following obituary was written by Larry Waight and read by Mike Green at Peter Tonti’s memorial mass in San Ignacio Town, Belize on Wednesday, April 22,2015. A Tribute To A Belizean Legend : Obituary of Peter Tonti Nelson Mandela. George Cadle
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: Long term rental, golfcart by Marius @ 04/22/15 10:24 PM

Thanks, I will check with him. About how much is it monthly?
Travel
Jump to new posts Re: Preferred US currency? by ScubaLdy @ 04/22/15 09:15 PM

I won't name the restaurant where a switch was made. My son paid the bill with all new $20 US bills. The waiter came back, handed him a $20 and asked for a different one. When I asked him what it was about he showed me a bill with a big slash in it.
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: Blackadore Caye by Short @ 04/22/15 08:06 PM

You mean "Sargassum", no, it is turtle grass that they are talking about.
Travel
Jump to new posts Re: Preferred US currency? by SimonB @ 04/22/15 02:54 PM

If it has any kind of marking or tear on it no matter what the denomination you'll have a hard time using US dollars at any local business. The banks won't take it if it's damaged in the slightest so there's no use in local businesses accepting it.
Specials & Events
Click photos for more pictures!USNS Comfort Visits Bullet Tree On Wednesday San Ignacio Community Police officers along with personnel from the BDF,US Marines, US Army and US Navy gave out hygiene kits, book bags and school supplies to to the studen
Specials & Events
Jump to new posts Earth Day 2015 by Marty @ 04/22/15 01:05 PM

WALK FOR A GREEN BELIZE 2015 Last year the Department of the Environment, in conjunction with the Belize Solid Waste Management Authority and the Belize Audubon Society, carried out a Walk For A Green Belize activity. Walk For A Green Belize is a cl
Caye Caulker
Jump to new posts Re: Corrupt Cop Caught By Canuck by joey2angels @ 04/22/15 12:38 PM

That's the same officer that put the arm on me last September.....total control freak.
Travel
Jump to new posts Re: Preferred US currency? by Skuba @ 04/22/15 10:24 AM

Thx!
Food & Recipes
Jump to new posts Re: Thousands of chickens slaughtered in the West by ScubaLdy @ 04/22/15 09:57 AM

I wonder if they got a second opinion?
Ambergris Caye
Jump to new posts Re: Blackadore Caye by ScubaLdy @ 04/22/15 09:47 AM

I understood it to be Sargassum sea weed - am I wrong?
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Forum Calendar
SanPedroScoop
Belize City Events

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Belize Hub
Tacogirl
Belize Adventure
Romantic Travel
Building a New Life
365 Belize
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Snorkel from the beach at Tranquility Bay Resort - Belize Snorkeling - Belize Dive Resort
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Black Orchid Restaurant & Lounge, Our mission is To Provide each and every Guest with a Pleasant Dining Experience
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Low Air Fares
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
17,876 Registered Members
44 Forums
59,651 Topics
450,124 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.