Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
lighter reduced file.jpg
elbert Offline OP
Gaff Rigged Sand Lighter in Belize

I'll never get tired of seeing these on my way to work in the mornings. It makes getting splashed with salt water not so bad.
13 Comments
me neither, awesome pic bro....

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks , I have a tech question
I've notice measurements of width and height are expressed in PX.
The photos are bigger than the screen and scrolling around to see it isn't practical to expect of the viewer.
How many px is in an inch?
If I was to make the image full size and not scroll to see it all, how big would it be fitting on the screen with out any scrolling to view parts.
I use photo Shop and it gives file choices this one is labeled large and comes out to big.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
I did a test and made a med. size file in Photo Shop , posted it and it came out the same size as the large file after posting it on the board ???
Hummmm

White Sands Dive Shop
S
S
Depends on your screen resolution setting.
I size the photos on San Pedro Daily at 640 or 700 pixels wide.
That fits most everyone although many readers have larger settings.

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
What do you use to set the size so specific , i only seem to have choices like ,large med and small in photo Shop.

White Sands Dive Shop
S
S
I use Microsoft Photo Editor

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
I looked around and found out a little about Microsoft Photo Editor.
Photo Shop is like sitting in a 747 cockpit, tons of dials and buttons that you don't even know what they are for.
I'm sure it can do it just haven't pushed enough buttons yet.

White Sands Dive Shop
Elbert, in photo shop there is an image sizer. I usually post 640 X 480 pixels. Your resolution needs to be set at 72 dpi which is about the maximum resolution any regular computer monitor can provide. The images at this size will look great on the screen but will not print well and will not provide a decent enough image to "zoom in." This size will make small images so low bandwidth useage and easy upload and down load time.

okay, i downloaded your original picture and opened it in photoshop. go to the "image" choice on the tool bar and click. Then go to image size and click. A resize window comes up. Make sure the "constrain proportions" box is ticked. Change the resolution to 72 (just type the numbers in.) Automatically the resizer will adjust the image and you will find that the original size of 2144 pixels x 1830 pixes will have been reduced to 515 pixels x 439 pixels. The image's physical size hasn't changed, in this case it is still 7 inches X 6 inches. Save the image. This image file size is down to 63 kb instead of the 1mb. When you view the image it looks great on the screen. It fits and the resolution is good. As I mentioned it won't print well and if you zoom in the image will pixelate quickly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.