Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
#336620 05/11/09 08:55 AM
2007 05 00 victor turnell.jpg
Marty Offline OP
Victor Turnell

Victor Turnell, 81
Born October 20, 1927 in Walcott, Lincolnshire, England. He passed away peacefully at home in Luling on May 8, 2009 after a short illness.

Victor immigrated to British Honduras (Belize) in the early 1950s with his father and mother. They built a successful business over the years that still operates today as Belize Engineering. He leaves behind many dear friends in Belize.

Victor moved to New Orleans full time in 2000. He retired in 2005. He was naturalized a US citizen in January of 2009.

Victor loved his family, fishing and bridge and cowboy movies.

He is survived by
� his wife Yvonne Turnell of Luling.
� Three sons:
o Charles (Denise) Turnell of St. Louis, MO.,
o Victor (Amelia) Turnell of St. Louis, MO.,
o Adrian (Clarissa) Turnell of St. Louis, MO.,
� Two daughters:
o Margaret (Nadar) Djavaherian of St. Louis, MO.,
o Annemarie O'Reilly of St. Louis, MO.,
� Thirteen Grandchildren,
� One nephew, Jon LaVie of Cassville, Georgia,
� Two Cousins, Connie Mumby and Brenda Webster of Lincolnshire, England.

He is preceded in death by his parents Charles and Constance Turnell, and his sister, Louise LaVie.

Memorial Services at (Holy Family Catholic Church?????). Burial will be in Anniston Alabama near his parents.

The family would like to thank the doctors and staff of East Jefferson General Hospital and especially the staff of Hospice Compassus. In lieu of flowers, please make donations to Hospice Compassus (www.hospicecompassus.com).

From a friend...

Once it was afer Hattie where folks were picking up stuff from all over the place and patching up damaged walls. My dad went up the road and found a big wooden door and place it against a damaged wall. Turnell came over and demanded the door saying that it was his. Well, needless to say that old Vic was mad for many years but that old door stayed right where it was.
He was known for not throwing away anything and ran a real old style junk yard. May his soul rest in peace.

4 Comments
Marty #336621 05/11/09 08:56 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
from another friend...

I did business with him in his waning years, as far as business, his employees never had a bad thing to say other than that he "was cheap" but they never left his employ. I can attest to his thrift, the man wasted not. I don't see that as a bad trait and in fact see it quite the opposite - as a quality admirable today.

Marty #336622 05/11/09 08:57 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
another comment....

I don't remember Mr. Turnell himself personally but I do remember that he had bred a few drop dead supermodel gorgeous children -- both male and female. I was most acquainted with Margaret and Victor.

My condolences to the family and may his soul rest in peace.

Marty #338036 05/19/09 09:55 PM
J
J
Have a picture of my Uncle Victor to post. How do I do that?

jon17 #338708 05/24/09 06:21 AM
Ask Marty....

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.