Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#362029 12/18/09 04:11 PM
4 Images
Marty Offline OP
Bruce D. Collins

I was very saddened to receive this today. Bruce and Victoria were super critical to the starting of AmbergrisCaye.com. Without them, and the others on the long ago San Pedro internet committee, this website would not exist.

Bless you my friend and much Love to VIctoria during these trying times

Bruce D. Collins passed away this morning in the loving arms of //ambergriscaye.com/25years/victoria.html after a very swift battle with Lung Cancer. He so loved the wonderful days he spent in Belize and especially all of the many friends ha and Victoria made while they were there.He will be missed !! He is in God's loving hands and will suffer no more.

Bruce's brother, Michael M. Collins
12 Comments
Marty #362053 12/18/09 08:30 PM
frown

NYgal #362066 12/18/09 11:02 PM
oh Bruce - may he rest in peace. Marty will contact you so I can get in touch with Victoria.

I have many very funny and fond memories of Bruce and Victoria - we were neighbours and friends and worked together....

S
S
What a shock! I loved these two like brother and sister... wonderful people with great sense of humour...Bruce will be missed by everyone who knew him....

OH! So sorry to hear. I was very fond of Bruce and Victoria. RIP Bruce and comforting thoughts and love to Victoria and the family.

He had a great sense of humor! Lots of good memories.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
elbert #362086 12/19/09 09:35 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
There will not be a funeral service as per Bruce's request. There will be a gathering of friends in Eagle Lake Maine on his birthday ( August 27) when the loons will cry as the fog lifts of the lake ( per Bruce's instructions)and we will celebrate the wonderful person Bruce Donald Collins was ..He was a loving brother and it will be so hard to be without him!! Keep Bruce in your prayers and let all the people of San Pedro, Ambergis caye and Belize know that he loved the wonderful time they spent there and all the great friends they made -- He will be missed.

Bruce's brother, Michael M. Collins

Marty #362150 12/20/09 01:02 AM
One of the first people I met in SP on my first trip so many years ago. RIP Bruce.

Bruce D. Collins
August 27, 1939 - December 18, 2009

Bruce passed away after a short battle with lung cancer. He was born in Fort Kent, Maine to Donald and Janelle Collins. He was the youngest of three children. His siblings, Michael (Lolita) of Eagle Lake, Maine, and Jean (Harold) Kelliher of Las Vegas, Nevada survive him.

He grew up in Fort Kent and attended public schools, He received a B.A. in French from the University of Maine in 1961. He received a Fulbright Scholarship in conjunction with a Teaching Assistantship in France but was unable to accept it due to his commitment to the USAF. He was in the United States Air Force from 1962 to 1965 as a 1st Lieutenant in USAF Intelligence. He then moved to California and was in the real estate business for 23 years. He and Victoria founded and owned The Forestville Real Estate Company. He served as the Russian River area representative on the Sonoma County Multiple Listing Board for four years. He was the president of the Forestville Chamber of Commerce for two years. In 1988, he and the love of his life, Victoria, sold their real estate company and moved to Ambergris Caye, Belize where they founded the newspaper The San Pedro Sun, which they operated for ten years. He served on the Island's Ambergris Caye Planning Commission. They always said the move to Belize was a great answer to a mid-life crisis, much better than buying a red sports car.

Victoria and Bruce moved to La Grange, Texas in 1999 where they purchased Bluff Manor Apartments. After selling the apartments, Bruce semi-retired and Victoria now works for the City of La Grange as the Main Street Assistant Manager. He was a member of the Fayette County Historical Commission. He also served on the Fayette County Appraisal Review Board in 2009.

He was predeceased in death by his parents, Donald and Janelle Collins.

He is survived by his wife of 28 of the best years of his life, Victoria of La Grange. He is also survived by four children, Joe Brickey (Barbara) of Fort Bragg, California, Greg Brickey (Laura) also of Fort Bragg, Jean Stevens (Steve) of Austin, Texas and Katy Brickey of Marble Falls, Texas; granddaughter Amanda (Jason) and great-granddaughter Sienna. He is also survived by Michael's (Lolita) children, his nephews Scott, Todd (Monica), Kurt and Shawn (Monica) and two great-nieces and two great-nephews. His sister Jean (Harold) survives him, in addition to her two children Harold Jr. and Mary Kate.

A Remembrance will be held in Eagle Lake, Maine, in August at sunrise, when the loons are calling and the fog on the lake is rising.

Marty #362444 12/22/09 07:37 PM
I
I
Bruce was a great friend,I'm sad that we did not keep in touch after they left San Pedro.
All the best Victoria.

Miss you,
Iguana Jack

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.