Hello All!

I was wondering if anyone would like to help support my school's Belize Service Learning Project 2002 summer camp (for Belizean, mostly Mayan, kids) by purchasing a T-shirt from me?

T-shirts are $15.00 each and come in sizes M, L and X-large. They read... "Where in the World is Belize" around a close up picture of the kids' smiling faces, and on the back... "Belize Project 2002, Learning first and always."

Tax deductible donations can be made payable to: CCC Foundation # 4308
(please specify Belize Project and t-shirts)
and mailed to:
Belize Project CCBC
15812 Amelung Lane
Rockville, MD 20955

$9 from each sale goes towards the purchase of camp supplies, paper, pencils and crayons. All T-shirt purchases or donations are tax deductible and I have made a brochure that I will mail to you which has info and some pictures of last year's camp.

We bring down all necessary supplies and then whatever is not used is donated to the school. Unfortunately, Iris destroyed the surplus from last year's camp!

Our program was so successful over the past 2 years that this year the principal of the Big Falls R.C. School has requested that we increase the camp size to include older kids as well as younger ones. This alone means doubling the supply cache!

We have even been asked to start a program in the Cayo District and I believe that will incorporate University of Belize students who want to volunteer.

This is just some of the basic info about my community college's service learning summer camp project that is held in July, in Big Falls, Toledo District of southern Belize.

If you would like more info our program email address is [email protected] or you can email me at [email protected].

Thanks!
Sarah
Peace, Love, and Happiness!

P.s. This year we will be doing a science project of a mini hurricane and getting the kids to write about how Iris affected them!

[This message has been edited by sarahsmile (edited 06-20-2002).]