My husband and I are planning a trip to belize for next May. Why...you ask...am I planning so EARLY??? Because planning is half the FUN and i can't wait!! laugh

From the message boards I have determined that it will be QUITE hot inland in May. I'm from Florida and can sweat with the best of 'em but at night I like a nice shower in a cool room and a cool bed to sleep in.

Because of this, I have chosen lodging that has AC.

So...here's what I have so far:

Fly into Belize and then from Belize to Flores, Guatemala.

Transfer from Flores to the Westin Camino Real located in Peten.

(not sure how I would get from the airport to here. Any suggestions or ideas how much this would cost?)

Spend one night at the Westin

Get up early and tour Tikal

(should I use a tour/guide through the hotel or would it be cheaper/as good/better to find one on my own?)

Spend another night at the Westin

Transfer by land to the Jaguar Paw Lodge

(they said if we got to mile 37 on the Hwy, they would pick us up there. What would be the best way to do this and any ideas of the cost?)

Spend two nights at the Jag Paw, doing the zip line and the cave tubing tours

They have several listed. Any advice on which would be best?

Half-day cave/tubing through the 5 caves.

Half-day Crystal cave trip.

How cold is the water and has anyone had trouble with being cold?

from the Jag Paw transfer to the Belize Muni Airport for our flight to AC..wooo hoooo!!!

The resort would charge 75 dollars for a transfer to the airport. Is there a less expensive way to do this short of using the bus? How are the buses by the way?

OK...one last thought....

I have heard people talking about trips from AC to do cave tubing and zip lining. This would be far less expensive than staying at the Jag Paw for two nights. What are your thoughts on this lodge and is the experience of being there worth the $$$. I'm just wondering if I would get enough of a jungle experience at the Westin in Petin?

Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for your feedback and any and all of your answers to my questions!!!