This was my 3rd time to belize. My first was to San Pedro only with a group of ladies (won't do that again). Rented Casa Tortuga (great). My 2nd visit I split time between San Ignacio (Cahal Pech) and San Pedro (Banyan Bay). All great places to stay. This time I traveled solo and spent 5 days at Ian Anderson's Cave Branch. Since I was on a shoe fringe budget, I caught a cab to the bus station and from there to caves branch's entrance off the highway (yep, two planes, 1 cab, 1 bus and then walk about 1/2 mile). I stayed in the "bunkhouse" which was the steal of the century to me ($15 a night). I lucked out and had the bunkhouse all to myself all week (that means I hogged all the pillows and towels - hee hee). The only downside was wishing I had someone else to ask "did you hear that" in the middle of the night, but the flashlight helps. The beds, outdoor showers ( I want one) and outhouse were clean and comfortable. Although each of my trips were great but different, I have to say I enjoyed this one the most. I met the most wonderful and fun people and this lodge is condusive to mingling and meeting new people (no tv, no phones but I now know 20 different card games). The food is good and plentiful. A special shout out to the chips and salso, the cook for making me fryjacks for breakfast and the way they announce each course of the meal (may I have your lovely attention) The adventures satisfied my love for caves (cave expedition), birds (thanks Abel),and new thrills (ziplining). I celebrated my birthday there (8/17) by booking a 1.5 hr. massage (wonderful). Traveling solo means I adopted or was adopted by many couples and families there. So much so, that many guides thought I came with different people that were staying there. I met people from Hawaii, Denmark, Quebec, Chicago, New York and California just to name a few. Last, but not least, I can't say enough about Ian, the staff and the guides (much luv). I've been trying to hit a different place each time I go, but I've got to come back to this place for sure.