BELIZE 1981-2005
December 04, 2006

A book that looks at the economic developments of post independent Belize was introduced this morning in Belize City. The book entitled A Concise History of Economic Development in Belize 1981 -2005 is written by U-B lecturer Doctor Aondofe Joseph Iyo.

Dr. Iyo

"The book is an examination in schematic order Belize's economic performance between 1981 and 2005. the book has looked at how the different aspects of the economy has been performing, the role of government and entrepreneurs and the role of human beings the ordinary Belizeans who are employed and unemployed in the productive sector. So essentially it looks at the different aspects of economic indicators. In 1998 I was teaching at UCB and now I teach at UB. I was teaching some courses and I did a paper on political economy ad the challenges of globalization for Belize. In that, I had examine the economy and the way it was heading. So I became interested in how Belize will perform in a globalize economy. That's what made me actually prompted me to begin to write about this. My target audience is the above average reader the person who really understands or who wanted to understand how Belize's economy has been going in the past 24years and where it is headed in the next 24 years. Essentially people at the tertiary level institutions informed audience rather that depend on the hear say sounds in the media. I would want them to look forward and read the pages of the book and become better informed consumers."

Doctor Aondofe Joseph Iyo author of A Concise History of Economic Development in Belize 1981 -2005. The book can be bought at the Image Factory in Belize City at 15 dollars.