Being a fanatic salt water flats fly fisher, my son and I made our first trip to AC last November and became addicted. We will be back next November to ease the pain of this addiction for a week. We really need to make the move. This presents some of the common problems that are usually faced by us R.O.Fs. 1) The ol' girl that I've slept with for the past 56 years is troubled with COPD and needs close medical attention. 2) I haven't found a lot of information about the facilities available at the new hospital on AC of how it is staffed,,, other than the frequent visits by Cuban doctors to the island. 3) Is there a shortage of general practitioners and surgeons on AC,,, and are surgeries performed at the new hospital?
Our family doctor and another local GP are both approaching retirement. Is there a place for these people on AC and could the folks in charge be in a position to make some form of consessions to them for their services? I ask "Is there a place for them" because I can appreciate that there may be a contingent of folks on the island that would not wish to have certain of the local facilities expanded because it would be a positive influence on immigration of new retirees to San Pedro. A condition like this did occur in our little Ozark community several years back. The Lake of the Ozarks, was for years,not much more than a weekend fishing resort for folks from Kansas City. Then on day they built a first class hospital and the retirees hit the beach like a swarm of locusts. Well you can guess what happened to the real estate values and to the working community of locals.
Anyway, Is there a place for retiring U. S. doctors in your hospital, and if so what would you ask them to bring with them?

I'd bet I'm not the only tourist who would like to know about these things.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.