My husband is really, really psyched about moving to Ambergris but I am the one dragging my feet. While I absolutely loved the place for a vacation, living there might be another matter. So, with that in mind I have a few questions.

The Visitors Visa thingy....do you have to go to the mainland every 30 days to get it renewed?

Can I bring my pets with me. That should have been my first question because if I can't, then this whole subject is moot.

Are there any requirements about $. In order to live there, do you have to transfer a certain amount of funds into a Belizian bank?

Shipping furniture or buying new? I would love to hear from some of the ex-pats who now live there and learn from their experiences.

I have read horror stories about escrow closings. Is it really that difficult and time consuming?

This BTL thing is also concerning. I can't imagine being limited to 8 hours a month! My fingers go into shock at the mere suggestion!

And along that same avenue, is it difficult to order necessities, like books, on-line? Last time down there, we spent almost all of our time on the Catamaran we chartered but we did walk around SP...I don't remember seeing a book store.

Another question that just deals with our upcoming vacation. We are staying at Brianna's House and would love to fish. Is this possible from the shore? Or maybe near the Cut? Or do I forget the whole idea and buy from the local fishermen?

Thanks in advance to all of you who read this and answer.

Valerie
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Jericco (edited 09-21-2000).]