I've I said before on the board, I make my living from internet work. I do however tend to run tangible businesses to keep myself busy/motivated whatever. Up here (Ohio) I own www.certifiednerds.com a local computer repair and sales store. Also own a salon, but dont do much day to day work there. Anyway... been thinking of a couple ideas for businesses down there and wanted to run them by everyone.

One that I've always wanted to do at a tourist area is computer rentals (mainly laptops). Along with that things like projectors etc. Mainly for businessmen/women that come into town and for whatever reason didnt bring or dont have a computer readily accessible. We do this in ohio and we can charge a decent ammount/day use. Theres not much risk of theft cause we authorize a good amount on a credit card for deposit. My idea to get the word out would be to get all the places that have lodging (hotels, cabanas whatever) to have fliers for me and if/when someone rents a computer they will have a ref number from the flier, I would then give kick backs to the hotel for the refferal.

Pros: Easy to start, only cost is the computers (can start with just 1) and the fliers, no big risk, easy to manage/run etc.
Cons: Internet. Not sure what I would have to do to get the laptops online, I assume it wont be cheap/easy though. I've already started looking into this. But personally I wouldnt care to rent a laptop that wouldnt get online. Another con is I've seen that there are a couple internet cafe's on the island and I dont want to steal business. That being said Im sure people still open up bars even though others exist. Hopefully the people that rent the laptop and get them delivered to the hotel would've been too lazy to go to these cafes anyway.

Next (my favorite)

How about a drivein movie theater? Are there any theaters on the island? Hell even a walk up theater... I've done tons of research on legalities of this in the states as I was planning on opening one up here. Obviously I'll have to do the same for down there.

Pros: Great thing for locals and tourists, everyone loves movies, the weather Im sure outside is nice enough to just sit in club cars or even sit on the ground picnic style, I love movies, and I love video games, and would totally plan on the big screen lol.
Cons: Rain? Im sure rain would be a big pain in the ass. Im not interested in doing an indoor theater. Could possibly do a few rows of covered seating though, land... Im sure the land isnt cheap possibly i could rent a lot.

Please comment whatever comes to mind about these 2 ideas, good or bad. I love constructive criticism so dont think you will hurt my feelings. If you have any ideas of your own share them and I'll reply back with any thing I can think of that may help.

AC

oh yeah, dont steal my idea wink