A "National Geographic Moment" which I will explain further. My wife and I were staying at our place on AC for a couple of months and decided to get away and spend 2 nights at Mystic River Resort. Had we known what we were in for, we would have stayed a week! Nadege Webb, the owner, & Capt. Tom are the best host ever. The staff was not only extremely cordial but anticipated your every need. Isolated and overlooking the Macal River, Mystic River Resort is very luxurious. The individual cabanas are very comfortable and exquisitely furnished. The food rivaled a four star restaurant.
HERE IS WHERE IT ALL HAPPENED!
We decided to go down to the river and float on tethered tubes. While we were down at the river one of the staff brought us down a chess of ice cold beer, a very welcome sight since it was a very sunny day and warm. Now, for that "National Geographic Moment"�.. :owe were standing on the edge of the river which is not very deep that time of year and about 75 yards away we saw a large whitetail deer enter the river. He was moving rather slowly and then started to dart back and forth. In hot pursuit was a black Jaguar, a very rare sighting in the middle of the day or anytime, as many of the locals in their lifetime have not seen a black Jaguar. The big cat took down his prey and they thrashed in the river for several minutes. Then complete quite. We waited for several moments but did not see or hear anything. We decided to go back up to the resort and share our experience with Nadege & Capt. Tom. They were amazed as we were. Shortly after, Nadege took my wife and I on a tour of the grounds. We walked along the bank above the river and one of the workers who was grooming the beach below called up and said a deer had floated up onto the bank. We could only assume the deer, that exceeded 200 pounds, was too much for the Jaguar to pull up out of the river. This was a trip that we will never ever forget. A must, if you are planning on a Belize vacation! A big thank you to Nadege, Capt. Tom and their great staff!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!