I am a 42 single female and am considering purchasing a place to live in AC Belize for when I retire at 67 or 70. I went to Belize a couple of years ago (Turnafee Flats) and loved Belize. I have already logged in hours and hours of research on the internet but there are so many options - I thought it would be best to ask people who actually live in Belize (or go there very often). My preferences include easy access to snorkeling, a nice beach with easy access to the ocean for swimming, a gut renovated/or to build new interior situation, an amazing pool, access to restaurants (taxi/bike/walking/golf cart good enough), other people around, and I would like to have a dog. I am hoping for a combination of a sociable/exciting area but also somewhat quiet and peaceful area at night. I only need a 1 bedroom/1 bath but would prefer a large shower and either soaking tub/jacuzze. I can put $150,000 down and would prefer that to pay off the entire deal as I am not rich and would need to save quite a bit going forward for eventual living expenses when I retire. I looked at the Captain Morgans and Coco Beach sites and that set up looked nice but I am sure you can not have a dog. I also looked at Tranquility for their amazing beach but did not see availability to purchase anything. Thanks in advance for all your suggesstions/thoughts!

Best,
Judy from MA, USA

Last edited by JudyB; 07/19/10 12:07 PM.

Judy