In the absence of a scientific count, I am trying to gather local information on yellow-head numbers (Amazona oratrix belizensis). I believe this bird is now critically endangered, but unfortunately I need a few facts to back up my paranoia.
Chris has already written to me about this, but that was a year ago and has long since gone to email heaven with a crashed computer. Sorry Mr Chris!
The species has been listed as endangered since 1994 and from what I am hearing of continued poaching I can't believe that numbers have done anything but decline over the last 16 years.

It's a lot to ask, I know but I would appreciate any information members have about this bird: nesting success, poached nests, sightings of the bird, numbers from memory compared to now, sightings of fledglings, and any `heresay' and
reports from villagers, especially the elders, of evidence of decline or localized extirpation and finally info regarding birds in captivity: numbers, vague locations, approx year of appearance, any that were caged and have
disappeared (not after `shopping' anyone with the info, I just want to get an idea of how many are out there and how long they last) I fear if we don't do something fast, this bird will be gone from our forests
forever.
Thanks for any information, and sorry if you get this more than once in various forms.
If you can spread this request outside of this group, I would be so grateful.

Post info in this group, or meail directly [email protected]
or post to http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=26192304377