For the ferry going to/from Chetumal.
Just wondering how the ferry runs/ticketing works. When you buy a round trip ticket is it "open" ended or do you pick your departure date? So say if I "plan" to leave on a Friday but decide to stay a few more days, no big deal?

Are the ferry's usually "full" or not? I guess what I am wondering is if you stay longer...is there a chance the ferry will be full and being it only runs once a day (7:30am) you will have to wait a day?

How about the buses out of Chetumal....when I arrive do I buy my return ticket or just wait till we ferry back over and get it the same day? (which is what I would do, but thinking if it's a Friday maybe the buses are fuller heading North?)

I am all for just "winging it" for the most part and not being stuck to any one plan. Sometimes you miss a bus or ferry for a reason and the adventures from that are ones you never forget. Heck, I have missed planes before and I'm still here.

Are the beaches "federal zoned" as in Mexico?

How much are golf carts to rent for a day?...just curious...will probably just walk...but you never know.