Hello friends and neighbors of San Pedro,

I am sending this letter to request support in the form of "dinners & dates" for a new upcoming game show intended for all SINGLE residents of San Pedro that will be hosted and filmed at Wahoo's Lounge.

You all might remember the old TV show THE DATING GAME.

FROM WIKIPEDIA: Typically, a bachelorette would question three bachelors, who were hidden from her view; at the end of the questioning period, she would choose one to go out with on a date paid for by the show. Occasionally, the roles would be reversed with a man questioning three ladies; other times, a celebrity would question three players for a date for themselves, a co-worker or a relative of theirs. Many celebrities played the game looking for love themselves. The pre-stardom Farrah Fawcett, Suzanne Somers, Lindsay Wagner,Tom Selleck and Lee Majors appeared as "contestants" on the show in the 1960s and early 1970s

We are going to start this new weekly "game" show right here in San Pedro on VALENTINES DAY 2011, which falls on a Monday this year. If the show proves successful (and judging by how many applications we have already received it will be) the show will be ongoing and will be supported by the local TV station. In addition to being a lot of laughs it should help bring the community together, create a forum for you to advertise your business and maybe even strike up some love and even marriage between our friends and neighbors! Yes, even some San Pedro "celebrities" have expressed interest!

We would like to request any donations such as a dinner for two, an afternoon of coffee and snacks, a night at a nightclub, Jet Ski or Kite-surf rental for the day, discover scubas, transportation, massage for two. We will try to incorporate anything donated into a fun first date adventure. As the show progresses we might even use some overnight stays (Separate rooms? Who knows!?).

What you will get in return (besides the warm and fuzzy feeling of helping others find love) is LOT'S OF MENTIONS on the show, in print, on TV and with signage around our bar. We intend to do follow-up interviews before each show with the previous winner and this will give the daters an opportunity to talk up your place and how much fun they had spending a date with you.

Anything you can donate is much appreciated and any idea's you have to incorporate raising money for any charities or causes in need we welcome as well.

Hopefully with success this will reach beyond our boarders (even if it is only YouTube at first) and help promote Belize and the fun loving people of San Pedro around the world.

Please email or phone me at Wahoo's Lounge 501 226 2002, 501 634 6008 or [email protected] if you are interested in participating either as a donor OR A SINGLE GUEST! If I missed anyone that you think might be interested please pass this email along!

I look forward to speaking with you,

Noele McLain / Wahoo's Lounge