Doing "musty" laundry as I write this, so my memory is pretty fresh....Customs at BZE was a breeze. Tropic Air to SP was fun. Stayed at about 1000 ft. for the 15 min. ride. I sat in the co-pilots chair & took pictures. Walked the 150 yards from the airstrip to Ramon's (could have had a ride, but declined). Changed into a swimsuit & t-shirt to walk around & get my bearings.

This island is not picturesque, but certainly not ugly (beats suburbia). I recommend checking it out on a bike. I found SP town to be kinda busy & noisy with people doing their regular activities...certainly not sleepy.

Snorkel trip to Shark-Sting Ray was amazing to see. Our guide was knowledgable, but was not "entertaining" like the guides on some of the other boats that were moored there. Some of those guys were having a blast. Wrestling with nurse sharks & wearing a sting ray for a hat is not something I have seen before.

I came here to go bone fishing...and it was world class. Very windy this trip & I'm not that accurate. Guide put me on a lot of fish...unfortunately he could not make them stay still when my errant casts sent them out like a nuclear bomb went off. Did manage to boat two & had several other hook-ups.

Absolutely no problem with mosquitos, sea lice, or Pica Pica. Saw lots of happy dogs & kids playing on the beach. Two entertaining "sneak attack" cats at Ramon's.

I walked back (beachside, not streetside) from Fidos & beyond several times pretty late at night. If you do this be careful...lots of construction materials and debris (like rebar)on the beach in some areas. I recommend a flashlight. I was "panhandled" once, but he was a nice-enough guy...no big deal. I saw him several more times...he just said hi & left me alone.

I did hear of one "incident". I met a girl who told me she was riding a bike (about 2 in the afternoon) 1/2 mile north of the cut, and a guy pulled her off her bike & tried to take her bag. She fought him off & was okay, but she had pretty good scrapes & cuts to show for it.

Food was very good...better than "island cuisine" at trendy places in the States and very inexpensive. People are friendly & helpful. Most speak better English than I do. All types of tourists...from people who were counting their every dime, to "money is no object" folks.

If this were my only vacation a year (that I worked hard to save for), I would probably go elsewhere. I'm fortunate enough to be flexible so I will definitley go back. It probably gets better with each trip....

Thanks AC