Ak'bol palapa over the water visible from Grand Caribe dock

We live right down the beach from Ak'Bol "yoga retreat and eco-resort". Back in the fall, I bid on and won a series of six lessons in the Saga Humane Society's silent auction. I had only done yoga for a short time through a weekly class at work, which had been discontinued due to budget cuts during the Nortel bankruptcy, so I was feeling very rusty.

It's just a short walk down the beach path...

I started attending class at Ak'bol every Saturday morning towards the end of 2011 and loved it. Once my gift certificate ran out, I knew I had to continue on with it. Kirsten is an amazing teacher and makes everyone, even a relative novice like me, feel welcome. Even though I still have a long way to go, I can already tell that I've become stronger and more flexible from my newfound yoga practice. This "me time" is one of the highlights of my week, and I always finish the class feeling more peaceful and relaxed than I started.

Barry took photos this morning along the way to class and during the class as well.

It's just a short walk down the beach path...

Class is held in the palapa over the water -- a perfect setting catching the ocean breezes.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on the BeBelize Blog