travel: belize was unbelizable

Belize was a surprise trip from my BF for my birthday and we had an incredible time! It is a quick trip, total time of about 4 1/2 hours in the air from LA with one quick stop in Houston to fly into Belize City where you are a short drive into paradise. We were in San Ignacio which is the home of the jungle and all the animals that come with it, caves with turquoise blue water and sacrificial remains, mayan ruins, and sweet corn colodas (will post recipe soon)! There are also beautiful coastal islands in Belize that some friends we met were traveling to after San Ignacio and we want to make a trip back to do those! Here is my photo diary below!
 {Our patio with an outdoor shower was so awesome- sounds of birds was a perfect soundtrack to bathe}
 {Our hotel Ka'ana was incredible and they gave us desserts in our hotel room each night yum!}
 {Entrance to ATM caves where we swam and hiked miles inside to see sacrificial remains}
 {At our beautiful pool that we frequented}
 {My fav new shirt from Zara which I also wore here I haven't taken off lately}

{At Caracol with BZM Tours which was a beautiful hike to some of the highest and most magical ruins}
{The roots of the biggest tree I've ever seen}
{Felt like we were in a Van Gogh painting}
{One of the Mayan Ruins at Caracol}
{My buddy}
{We saw 14 monkeys in one tree!}

{Tallest Ruin in Belize and you can't even see the top in this picture- we look so little}
{Rock Slides and waterfalls were a fun end to our day at Caracol}
{One of our favorite things to do is get room service and eat in bed on vacation}
{Shorts: Urban Outfitters, Scarf: Nordstroms}
{I made sure this guy wasn't poisonous and then hung out with him for awhile haha}

{At Xunantunich Ruins}
{At Chaa Creek before our canoe trip}
{Lizard find!}
{Canoeing down the river was an adventure- we had a few crashes but survived}
{An instagram (@evokela) photo from dinner}

It's so important to re-charge your battery and relax once and awhile. "If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race." -Oprah Winfrey

Belize is a magical place with friendly, loving people, amazing food, and hidden treasures to find. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and put it on your list of "must go" places! 

xo, Brittan

SOURCE