Theme for September Celebrations announced

"BELIZE IN YOU, BELIZE IN ME, LAND OF THE FREE." That is the theme chosen by the National Celebrations Commission for the 2013 September Celebrations, now just 2 � months away. The announcement was made this morning and the winning entry out of 125 was sent in by Janelle Mencias of Belize City.

We have a winner! Congratulations, Jeanelle Mencias, for coming up with this year's September Celebrations theme: "Belize in You, Belize in Me, Land of the Free." Shouldn't something that rhymes with 'you' be in the 3rd place? Like, ' The Baymen Knew.' Anyways, well done, and she will get $1000 for winning the competition.

"Belmopan resident Jeanelle Mencias has won the competition for the theme for the September Celebrations. A statement today from by the National Celebrations Commission announced that the theme to be used for the 215th anniversary of the Battle of St. George's Caye and the 32nd anniversary of Belize's Independence is: "Belize in you, Belize in me, Land of the Free." The official release says Mencias' submission was chosen from among 125 entries and was selected because "it engenders a spirit of personal pride and nationalism about being Belize and Belizean." As her prize, Mencias gets a cash award of BZ$1,000."