This report is of an upcoming visit to BZ in reverse. The events that are about to unfold are true and the names will not be changed even if they are innocent.
Day One Monday May 3rd.
Myself and two companions will be leaving the Great Smokey Mountains via Knoxville Airport and Grill for a Magical Music Tour of AC and Cayo.
We re bringing a sack full of clothes, half pack of cigarettes, electric upright bass, a fiddle, and a guitar or two. We then are off to the "Bush"........ Houston International that is. once we are finished raiding the duty free store of nicotine and libations we are off to BZ.
Once landed in BZ we will run naked through customs to divert the officials attention from our contra-"Band" cd's packed away in various places. Once thru the official rig-a-ma-roll we are off to see my friend of over 13yrs, Mr. Jet.
Jet's bar will be the first encounter for David and Joe with a bottle of Belikin. After being entertained by Jet we will jump the puddle and head to AC for 4 days of pickin, grinnin, sunnin, and funnin. Once landed at San Pedro International
Airport and Skateboard park, we will meet up with Ebbe from Fido's for a limocart ride to our accomodations to be named later. After relaxing for a minute or two we will head off for our show at Fido's Monday night. Stopping by BC's to see Bruce and Charlene will lead to another stop to see Ana at the Pier Lounge which takes us to see Charlie and family at Estelle's next door. After shooting a couple of hoops at the park with some kids we are ready to set up for the evening.
8pm will signal the start of the evenings festivites complete with CountryGrassRockinJazzabilly Tunes combined with audience participation and a Belikin or two. Fiddle man Dave will be besieged by fans adoring his masterful art of fiddling around. Joe will knock them dead with his upright bass playing and tenor vocals while I will transform into the musical maniac known as Bearfoot Gibby. While rocking and footstomping the deck at Fido's we will unveil our new songs from our cd featuring "The Puntabilly Rock", we will then retire into the moonlight and a plate of stewed chicken, rice and beans at the park and kick back a few cold B's on a pier till daylight.......Day two May 4th coming soon......until then I'm Bearfoot Gibby and hope to see you there.