Just spoke to David Marin from Reef Radio and they are on the air via Generator and they are live only for the local area at the moment.

There is NO CHAOS whatsoever on the island. There is a curfew which is being monitored by the BDF and Police force. Everyone is cooperating and many locals are flying to the mainland to buy supplies and flying back to the island.

Tropic Air is operating flights to Belize Municpal Airstrip, Belize International Airport and Corozal for those who wish to leave the island.

There is NO MASS evacuation. NO Mass illnesses nor anything like that. He reassured me that everyone is ok and those who are not accounted for are more than likely in the mix of people trying to put their lives back together.

He estimated power to be out for a minimum of 2 weeks as about 80% of the high tension cables are down. Many houses were damaged and about 40% of them were destroyed.

Tomorrow, the Town Board will be bulldozing the streets to clear it of all debris and is encouraging all residents who have debris in their yard or anything that they need to get rid of to just place them in front of their yard and the Town Board will take care of it.

The San Pedranos are persistent in getting things cleaned up and ready for the Thanksgiving Season which is around the bend.

He urged me to STOP listening to any rumours and disinformation being given out by the media and that EVERYTHING IS OK IN SAN PEDRO!

I told him that help is on the way and to pass the message on to Hon. Patty Arceo that she needs to have Customs be ready to make the transition as smooth as possible for the very many donations that will be arriving in Belize.

People who are on the island with cellular phones can get some service when they climb up to the top of the Alijua Building on front street but are not keeping their cel phones turned on for a long time as power is very limited and they can only recharge it using generators from few folks who own them.

All in all, the conditions sound very encouraging and all he asked us to do on this end is to keep sending the help their way.