It's my first day back from AC and I just want to post some random notes about my week in paradise. Until all the rum leaves my system, a full trip report will not be possible.

Food and Drink: I believe it is not possible to get a bad meal in San Pedro. The food is great everywhere. I enjoyed lunch at Mango's and Blue Water Grill. Dinners at leBistro were the best. I am now a big fan of Belizean rum....I drank enough One Barrel to float a kayak.

Lodging: I can't say enough about Portofino. A great resort with exceptional staff. I felt at home from day one.

Swimming with Sharks: I still can't believe I jumped into that mass of swarming sharks (Goes to show you just how good that rum is). This is something I would love to do again. I even got to pet a stingray!!

Fishing: The highlight of the week was the half-day fishing/beach BBQ/snorkeling with Charlie and Bicho Jr. I loved these guys. They showed us the best time and served up the best meal we had all week. I had never fished before and I caught 5 snappers!!

Meeting Pedro1: I recognized him the minute I saw him and heard the British accent. The fact that we were in a bar (Fido's) helped. Nice to meet you, Pedro1...hope you have a Happy Birthday and enjoy your stay in the Royal Orchid Suite as much as we did!!

There's so much more to say about my week in AC. But this is way too much work for me to do right now. It is so hard to return from a place like that...I'm so jealous of those who are on their way to Belize. Hope you love it as much as I did.

Cheers!!