Hello! I'm back again and am trying to decide between staying at Banana Beach or Mata Rocks. My boyfriend and I will be going to Belize for 6 days/5 nights in mid-August to celebrate me having taken the California bar exam. If I can live through it! smile

Anyway, I'm 25 and he is 27. We love traveling and love new, exotic places that are pretty un-Americanized. We are not certified scuba divers but we will snorkel and do boat trips and may do the "resort dives." We will go into town at night for dinner and drinks and the nightlife, but we don't mind walking, biking, or taking a cab from the hotel. We like to walk so we don't need to be right near town.

Banana Beach and Mata Rocks both look great to me for somewhat different reasons. Banana Beach looks lively and the rooms look big. Mata Rocks looks more intimate and I love the look of the beach bar. The pool also is out by the ocean, and Banana Beach's pool doesn't look like it is by the ocean. But Banana Beach has a restaurant and Mata Rocks doesn't. Also, I've read that some people consider the rooms at Mata Rocks to be tiny.

I'd appreciate any opinions at all. We're looking for a very relaxing, romantic vacation, but we are very social people and enjoy meeting new people and being somewhat where the action is. I definitely think the choice is between Banana Beach or Mata Rocks, but if there is any other place closer to town maybe that someone thinks should not be missed, I'd appreciate any opinions like that too. Thanks again!