Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#100233 - 04/05/05 03:49 PM exotic caye
hlansford Offline
Wanting any info or pics on Exotic Caye Beach Resort. I have booked a weeks stay there the middle of May. This will be my honeymoon/diving/fishing trip. I am a first timer to AC and just need a little reassurance.

#100234 - 04/05/05 06:15 PM Re: exotic caye
streetchie Offline
Exotic Caye is fairly nice. I've stayed there a few times and have always had a fun time. It is not luxurious or romantic, but comfortable. The pool leaves a little to be desired as it is of the aluminum, above ground, backyard variety. Great beach bar out front with punta dance party on Monday nights, cafe in back.

#100235 - 04/05/05 08:28 PM Re: exotic caye
Chas_Jenn Offline
We stayed there in Feb - loved it! The people who work there are so nice and helpful, and the location was great! I'm sure there are nicer places on the island, but Exotic Caye was perfect for us!

#100236 - 04/06/05 12:20 AM Re: exotic caye
Fluffy Offline
I have stayed at Exotic Caye 3 times and am returning again in May. I love it! Don and Carol are from Canada and manage the resort as well as own the bar, Crazy Canucks. The people who go to the bar make you feel at home. They are simply wonderful. Jesse, Peter, Paul & Heather, Roger & Skunk, Roger & Susan, Rich, Dave, and I am sure I am missing many more. They welcome you with open arms.

Christian, Rick and Alejandro are the bartenders and again are probably some of the best, if not the best, on the island. (IMHO)

The resort is nice. The deluxe rooms are awesome and the standard rooms are fine. It all depends on where you want to spend your money.

The pool isn't the best on the island, but it does cool you down on those hot, hot days.

Monkey Bites is the restaurant on site and is open from 7-3:00 p.m. Kathy is the owner and makes the best cinnamon french toast.

A relatively new dive shop opened up, Ocean Adventures, and Clinton can book almost any trip you desire.

Bottom line, this resort makes you feel like you are home. And it's not just the owners, managers or employees; it's the locals that come there every night to have a cocktail or three and pass along the news of the day.

Whichever resort you choose. I know you will enjoy!

#100237 - 04/06/05 03:04 PM Re: exotic caye
hlansford Offline
Thanks for the great feed back. I can't wait till May 15 to experience the island. Thanks again.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,054 Topics
462,289 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.