Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#100238 - 04/05/05 03:58 PM catamaran day trips
scubaron Offline
one thing we'd like to do is take a catamaran sailing to the other cayes for a day. We did this in the Dominican Republic last year and absolutely loved it. Any recommodations out there? laugh

#100239 - 04/05/05 04:01 PM Re: catamaran day trips
SimonB Offline
"No Rush" at Caliente dock, had a great time with Steve the last time we went out.

There's also El Gato in front of Aqua Marina, had great time on that cat as well and Hustler also runs a cat for day trips.

#100240 - 04/05/05 04:06 PM Re: catamaran day trips
scubaron Offline
Well Simon, you sure seem to know a lot about stuff around AC. Do you live there, or just spend vast amounts of time there? Do you know money wise about the Cats? And where they might take you?

#100241 - 04/05/05 04:24 PM Re: catamaran day trips
SimonB Offline
Hi Scubaron,

I've been here for 5 years, 2 and a half or so on the mainland and the rest on AC.

For prices and details on "No Rush" you can check: http://www.ambergriscaye.com/unitytours/index.html

for Hustler check: http://www.scubadivingbelize.net/catamaran.html

and for El Gato you can check:

http://www.ambergriscaye.com/elgato/index.html

Rum Punch II is also an option but I can't seem to find a website for them.

Cheers,

Simon...

#100242 - 04/05/05 04:48 PM Re: catamaran day trips
SP Daily Offline
Rum Punch is owned and operated by George Eiley, phone 226-2340. Lots of fun!

#100243 - 04/05/05 04:57 PM Re: catamaran day trips
scubaron Offline
HI SIMON, AGAIN........

SO HAVE YOU ANY PERSONAL IFO ON HAPPY&GRUMPY'S OPERATON. IT SOUNDS GOOD FROM THEIR WEBSITE, BUT I POSTED QUESTIONS ON THIS BEFORE AND GOT EXTREMELY LITTLE IFO. LIKE NO ONE HAD EXPERIENCED THEM BECAUSE (?).

#100244 - 04/05/05 05:40 PM Re: catamaran day trips
Hon Offline
Hi scubaron,

I have been away for a few days and didn't see your question about Happy and Grumpy.

A group of four of us went snorkeling with them in January '05. They were very professional, friendly and, because it was my first time snorkeling, accomodating to my needs and fears. Jolene got into the water with me when my husband and our tour mates wanted to explore further away from the boat and Lorne was eager to help me identify the fish and coral that I saw while we waited for the others to finish. All in all it was a great experience and I learned to love snorkeling enough to think about getting dive certified before we go back to AC in January next year.

We chatted quite a bit but I won't divulge any personal information about them here. I'm sure if you email them that they will tell you anything you want to know smile

Hon

#100245 - 04/05/05 05:42 PM Re: catamaran day trips
SimonB Offline
I think someone said it before, they're a small operation which is why you don't hear too much about them, kind of like Chuck and Robbie. Just because they're small operators though doesn't mean that they're not a top notch operation. I don't have any personal experience but I've never once heard a negative comment about them. It's a husband and wife team and have been in business for quite some time.

#100246 - 04/05/05 05:51 PM Re: catamaran day trips
scubaron Offline
THANKS FOR MORE INFO SIMON AND HON! HON, YOUR COMMENT ABOUT NOT DIVULGING MORE INFO WAS A LITTLE UNSETTLING, THOUGH. HOPE NOTHING BAD. CARE TO ELABORATE JUST BETWEEN US?

#100247 - 04/05/05 06:25 PM Re: catamaran day trips
Hon Offline
Hi again scubaron,

What is it that you want to know? Where they live? The names/ages of their kids? Grandkids? Where their parents live? What jobs they held before setting up their business in Belize?

I consider all of this 'personal information' and wouldn't dream of divulging it on a message board...but if you need to know this kind of thing before you book a tour with them, I'm sure they will answer by email. They are very nice people.

Hon

...and a gentle reminder. All caps is considered yelling. It makes me nervous laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (ScubaLdy), 38 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,206 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.