Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#100421 - 04/06/05 09:17 PM Fishing
hlansford Offline
I will be a first timer to AC in May and will be diving and fishing. Just wondering if there is any type of license that you have to purchase, and if so what is the cost? Also is there any one on the island that rents fishing equipment for a few self guided trips?

#100422 - 04/06/05 09:45 PM Re: Fishing
RICH GUY Offline
Do yourself a favor and get a guide, it's worth every penny. I've tried going out with non-guides, pretend guides and then I've been out with Capt. Severo, who is a fisherman only and he was awesome. servero@btl.net

#100423 - 04/07/05 08:46 AM Re: Fishing
captjeff Offline
get a good guide/boat capt and there are a few great ones here ... also they have cheap rates compared to states side prices .go to fishingsanpedro.com web site and look at the happy faces . it will be your best day there . go live the dream and enjoy..
Living The Dream Every Day!

#100424 - 04/07/05 08:48 AM Re: Fishing
hlansford Offline
I plan on getting a guide and have heard of the guide you mentioned, all great things by the way. I was just wondering about going on my own for the afternoon, just to play around in the lagoon. I will however go on several guided trips while I am there. Thanks for the info.

#100425 - 04/07/05 08:50 AM Re: Fishing
hlansford Offline
Don't worry Capt. Jeff I have heard of fishingsanpedro.com and will consider that option. That is a nice web site by the way. Do you reccomend booking in advance or waiting till I get there?

#100426 - 04/07/05 09:11 AM Re: Fishing
captjeff Offline
the smart thing is to book in advance ,as the good ones get booked up . the fishingsanpedro.com the site is managed now by steve from coconet internet cafe in town and there is a choice of good guides as well as capt bicho .take fish filet back with you and have a wonderful fish feast for dinner ,nothing is better than fresh filet snapper .yum ,yum take your catch to stained glass pub tell ,the owners marie or jim to prepare capt jeff style ,thats a huge fish platter prepared three or four differant ways ..a outstanding combo that will make your taste buds jump out , and ask for more go enjoy your stay ......

#100427 - 04/08/05 10:46 AM Re: Fishing
hlansford Offline
Back to the original question do you have to purchase a fishing license for Belize and what do they cost?

#100428 - 04/08/05 11:15 AM Re: Fishing
Belikin Joe Offline
I've fished there three times - Deep Sea and Reef. Never was told I had to purchase a license.

#100429 - 04/08/05 11:22 AM Re: Fishing
captjeff Offline
no fishing license .nada ,no ...none needed...enjoy..

#100430 - 04/08/05 05:11 PM Re: Fishing
john robertsdenver Offline
hlansford, spent a day with the good capt bicho and had the time of my life...me and my 2 sisters who had never fished before. we all caught fish and had just a fab time and the beach b-b-q was outasite..goforit...you won't regret it! a real class act john in denver

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (ragman, Marty, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,633 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,709 Topics
461,233 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.