Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Hawkeye Offline OP
OP Offline
H
My husband and I are palnning a trip to Belize-AC in June with our kids. We have a boy-13 and girl-9. We thought that renting a time share at Banyan Bay might be a more economical way to go for a week. (Has anyone ever used WWW.redweek.com to rent a time share before?)Anyways, we have read good things about Banyan Bay, but have talked to someone who heard that friends of his did not have a good experience there. We don't know the details. We were p[lanning to use AC as our "home base" and take tours to the jungle, caves and ruins from there. Is this very inconvenient and expensive? We weren't planning on taking tours every day, but we don't want it to be real hassel either. Any input would be welcome!

Funny you found the same ad I did at redweek.com. If you look at the regular price of the rooms at Banyan Bay and the cost of that timeshare, it is saving $80 or so a night. There is a sign up fee to use redweek. Once you pay it they give you the humber to the condo owner. That is the end of their involvement. I do believe!

I donlt know nhiw anyone could not have a good experience there, but...to each his own.

But then, again, a friend of a friend told my 2nd cuzn..........

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I've stayed at Banyan Bay and I don't think I've ever seen anyone post or report a bad experience there. I'm sure some have been unhappy -- you can't please everyone every time -- but the vast, vast majority of guests are very happy. It's only marginally a timeshare.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
S
What's a marginal timeshare?
Something like "slightly pregnant"?

They only have 4 units on the property that are in the time share pool. That's why it is so hard to switch your time share week to Banyan Bay.

S
S
Lan Sluder has slammed every time share project on the island, so it's surprising to read his mild mention of the time share at Banyan Bay. Maybe they comped him?

My family has stayed at Banyan Bay both times we have been to AC. We loved it both times and have already booked our trip for next february. I don't have one complain about Banyan Bay. My 8 year old son also loved it, the pool, the childrens snorkeling area, playing tag with the local children after school on the beach. He also loved have cable TV so after a busy day he could unwind watching his favorite cartoon.

We had a great time there in February.
Enjoyed the pool, beach, professional staff. My ONLY complaint would be that we paid full price, and after we returned home we found an ad on redweek.com that would have saved us a bunch of money on our stay had we used it...

My husband and I spent a week at Banyan Bay last August with another couple. It was FABULOUS. Great room, pool, beach, restaurant. If we ever go back to AC, we will stay at Banyan Bay again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 340 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.