Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#100607 - 04/11/05 10:09 PM Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
sophnramon Offline
I have some final questions.... helpful answers please

Do we need to bring a mosquito net for above the bed? We are staying at Xanadu and from what I've seen they don't have them. Many of my travels would have been miserable without a mosquito net for night time... and they are quite romantic! Are they needed forr Ambergris?

Day Tours: we had planned to do a river tubing/ Altun Ha day trip but I have been reading about the Lamanai/ New River trip. Any advice? We are unfortunately not staying long, so are only planning on one day trip.... plus we want all the relaxing time we can get. We would prefer to stay away from tourists and cruise ships, which seems impossible. Do you recommend one of these trips over the other? Any advice/suggestions/experiences?

And the big bad bug spray question..... I would prefer to avoid DEET, and a few bites never killed anyone. Is a basic repellant ok there? A natural one? (Yes, scubaron- a natural bug spray, as in I'm vegeratian, a member of GreenPeace and I don't use any chemical products wink ) Any suggestions- what do you use?

That's it.... can't wait for our trip. We're leaving next Thursday.
Thanks everyone.
Sophie

#100608 - 04/11/05 10:16 PM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
sophnramon Offline
And.... Sea Safe....
we would like to get some but of course I left it too late. I just looked online and I am NOT paying $15 shipping for a $9 bottle of lotion to have it here in time! Does anyone know where you can buy this stuff in person? Can you get it in Belize?

Thanks again
Sophie

#100609 - 04/11/05 10:51 PM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
jfabes Offline
sea safe should be available at a few of the dive shops in san pedro

#100610 - 04/11/05 11:08 PM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
klcman Offline
its' also available at Moneky Business ( banana Beach).

If I had only one mainland trip to take, it would be Lamanai with Tanisha Tours - Daniel is, IMHO, the best.

Leave the mosquito net at home ( unless that's the only way to be romantic wink )

#100611 - 04/11/05 11:19 PM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
sophnramon Offline
Ok, I've got one more... I had read on here that people bring Tootsie rolls for the children. Are there any items needed there, maybe by the school? Something we can easily pack that they would appreciate? Just a thought.

#100612 - 04/11/05 11:21 PM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
sophnramon Offline
klcman- is Tanisha tours on the island? Can we just stroll over and book for the next day?

#100613 - 04/11/05 11:23 PM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
travelqueen Offline

#100614 - 04/11/05 11:29 PM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
SuzyQ Offline
Tanisha tours is right in town but they only do the Lamani tour on certain days. Check in with them as soon as you get in town to make sure you don't miss the trip, we did it and it was a long, full, awsome day!

#100615 - 04/11/05 11:52 PM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
klcman Offline
and fun! I just did it for the 3rd time....

where did you decide to stay Soph?

#100616 - 04/12/05 12:15 AM Re: Some Questions... Leaving Next Week!
sophnramon Offline
Xanadu- I think it's going to be perfect- close to town, had a kitchen and a pool..... looks very cool too.
I CAN'T WAIT TO BE THERE!

Still don't know about the day tour though. I know we would prefer Lamani but then we would have to miss cave tubing frown
But then we might just have to have a second Belize trip!

So you would all choose Lamani over cave tubing? Why? Tell me more!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,316 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.