Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#100632 - 04/13/05 05:57 PM Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya
ktny333 Offline
I'm staying at the Palms - my first trip to Belize! I know it's a walking distance from the airstrip. This's a stupid question, but I'm a little confused. Do Tropic & Maya use the same airstrip? From looking at the map, it seems like Tropic air is closer to the Palms...oh, maybe that's where the office is located?!
I'm thinking to use Maya since their prices are cheaper, but if it's more convenience to use Tropic then I'll go w/ Tropic. confused

#100633 - 04/13/05 05:59 PM Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya
travelqueen Offline
Same airstrip. Yep, probably meaning the offices which around... what?... 50 yards or less from one another?

#100634 - 04/13/05 06:08 PM Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya
CHOOCHOO Offline
The Tropic "terminal" is much closer to the Palms than Maya. The Maya terminus is on the west side of the strip and you will walk around the end of the tarmac and then south past the Tropic counter on your way to the Palms. Still not all that far, but the few dollars difference in the flight fares just has never been worth the fiddling around to me.

#100635 - 04/13/05 06:11 PM Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya
suzanne0918 Offline
ktny333...We are staying at the Palm's later this year...let me know how you liked it. Saw them last year when we stayed at Ramon's and liked the condo idea...you will have a blast!! Don't miss the BBQ at BC's on Sunday!

#100636 - 04/14/05 12:34 AM Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya
Scott Offline
ktny... Glad you decided on The Palms, I think you will love it! If you like they will stock your fridge with beer and wine and some basics before you arrive. For wonderful food try Blue Water Grill and Casa Picasso... For fun we enjoyed Fido's and Crazy Canuck's. For a laid back lunch get a burger at Canibals. For romance we liked Capricorn and breakfast on our veranda at The Palms. If you dive, do the Lighthouse trip, it's awesome. Let us know how you enjoyed AC with a trip report when you get back!

#100637 - 04/14/05 05:11 AM Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya
ktny333 Offline
Thank y'all for your advice & tips.

We'll be in AC only 4 nights from Tues - Sat (we'll be in San Ignacio before that). Guess no BBQ at BC's for us frown . Where's Canibals & Fido's? Will I be able to get the map once I get to San Pedro?

I'll definitely let you know about my trip & the Palms when I get back. I can't wait, it's less than a mth away..

#100638 - 04/14/05 05:28 AM Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya
klcman Offline
to find both those places, put your right foot in the water and walk...easy as pie.

#100639 - 04/14/05 04:56 PM Re: Airstrip to the Palms - Tropic vs Maya
njmichael Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ktny333:
Thank y'all for your advice & tips.

We'll be in AC only 4 nights from Tues - Sat (we'll be in San Ignacio before that). Guess no BBQ at BC's for us frown . Where's Canibals & Fido's? Will I be able to get the map once I get to San Pedro?
Click this link and scroll down to the 'Heart of Town' map: http://ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/mapdowntowndetail.html

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,670 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,006 Topics
462,170 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.