Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#100696 - 04/12/05 03:31 PM LEARNING TO DIVE?
scubaron Offline
has anyone out there experienced any dive instruction from Victoria House? Ron is a certified diver, I am not, and NOT SURE if I want to or can be. They claim they have one on one instruction.

#100697 - 04/13/05 02:05 AM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
Capt Dennis Offline
My nephew was certified by Protech (PADI) (just up the beach at the Yacht Club Pier). Jr is a PADI instructor. It was the best experience we could hope for. My husband and I have been diving for over 20 years. Protech would rate as one of the best dive operations hands down we have been to.

#100698 - 04/13/05 03:32 PM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
scubaron Offline
Since we live near Reno, Nv, I would have to take the dive tests in Lake Tahoe - COLD! So we were thinking about doing the referral course in AC. Certainly would be alot warmer and prettier, as there is nothing in Lake Tahoe to see.

#100699 - 04/13/05 03:39 PM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
travelqueen Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by scubaron:
there is nothing in Lake Tahoe to see.
There's awesome skiing!

#100700 - 04/13/05 03:44 PM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
CHOOCHOO Offline
Over the past three years we've had 4 people do their OW referral through Amigos Del Mar. As one might expect everything with Amigos was first class. The wife did her OW out of Victoria House some years ago, but we seem not to hear much about their dive operation these days.

#100701 - 04/13/05 03:50 PM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
scubaron Offline
One good thing about doing a referral is that in Reno, Diver Certificaton cost $150.00, rather than the $350 in AC.

TQ: I really meant IN Lake Tahoe. The area is beautiful, with plenty of things to do. Ron did his certs there, and beside a log, a sunken small boat, there was nothing much to see, not even fish.

#100702 - 04/13/05 04:01 PM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
travelqueen Offline
I hear ya. Not too much here in good ole' H-town so I am jealous of anyone living by water or snow! LOL!

It's $100 to get certified here in Houston... or I should say it can be that inexpensive.

#100703 - 04/13/05 04:18 PM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
scubaron Offline
We'd be a little jealous about that! Seems everytime we go on vacation, we go through Houston. The airfares are so much cheaper from there than here (almost doubled). But you can keep the tornados.lol

#100704 - 04/14/05 10:39 PM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
Anonymous
To shorten the process here a little I quite often get people to buy and study the manual at home, then do the "knowledge reviews" at the end of each chapter and email them to me. I mark them and make any appropriate comments and email them back. That way they are fully prepared when they get here, and only have the confined water skills and dives to do. Saves on precious vacation time, and in particular avoids hours spent in a classroom.

#100705 - 04/15/05 12:32 AM Re: LEARNING TO DIVE?
scubaron Offline
pedro 2? You said you take e-mailed answers and homework. Are you a dive instructor? How would I go about this, as classroom time is not all that interesting, and if I could get that out of the way, then do the dive ppart in AC it would be awesome.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 45 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,074 Topics
462,343 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.