Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JPO711 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have been booked for a stay at Belizean Shores from April 17th through April 24th, since early February, on a stay I won via Skyauction. I received an email from Belizean Shores today stating that the resort was overbooked and I am being moved to Coral Bay Villas. They are throwing in one day cart rental as compensation.

The email states that my only other alternatives are to postpone to another date or cancell and receive a refund. These are not viable options due to airfare already purchased and the fact that my trip is less than a week away.

Is Coral Bay Villas comparable to Belizean Shores or am I the victim of a bait and switch? What amenities does Belizean shores have that I will be missing at Coral Bay Villas?

S
S
Belizean Shores is about 4 miles north of san pedro and Coral Bay Villas are south of San Pedro. You will be closer to town, which means that you can go town and be at the bars and restaurants in no time. I don't see that Coral Bay Villas has a pool...from thier website. Both places have kitchens, but belizean shores looks nicer to me (from what I can tell on the websites). Belizean shores you have to rent bicycles, Coral Bay's are free. Is Coral Bay your only choice? If this is a confirnmed reservation, shouldn't they put you up somewhere closer to Belizean Shores so that you can at least use thier pool, which appears to be the best on the island? I hear that the beaches are nicer on the north side of the island as well.

Captain Morgan's retreat looks WAY cool!! they have thatched huts on the beach, the "new villas" have a kitchen as well. This is where I would try to stay. Plus it is located approx. 3.5 miles north of SP and about 1/2 mile south of Belizean shores.

But, alas, I have not been there yet, I get there on the 28th of this month, so someone else might have a better suggestion that I do.

S
S

Hon Offline
Coral Bay Villas and Belizean Shores are run by the same property management company so I doubt that you will be able to transfer to another resort.

We stayed at Coral Bay Villas in January and had a wonderful vacation. The condos are in a great location about a 15 minute beach walk south of town. They are very clean and the staff is wonderful. I'm fairly sure that you can use the pool at Belizean Shores if you are staying at Coral Bay but you should inquire just to be sure.

If you have any specific questions about Coral Bay Villas, you could always email Rafael at [email protected] . He was very helpful when we booked with them.

You may also want to do a search of this forum to see what others have said about Coral Bay. It may set your mind at ease. smile

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
When we stayed at Coral Bay Villas, we were able to go to Belizean Shores and use the pool. However, we found that if we had a drink or two or three (he he he) we could use the pool at Coconuts! We have toured Belizean Shores and the rooms are quite simular to Coral Bay Villas. Don't worry the place is wonderful, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat! Matter of fact I prefer being closer to town.
Coco

Coco
If you're deadset on BS as your home away from home, contact Skyauction & discuss this with them. You should have the special email addy available to successful bidders only as part of your confirmation. I've used them successfully many times in the past ( sorry Tim...never did tell ya how THAT happened) usually for flights and 3x for acco's and they are always acxcomodating and helpful.

If there is nothing in your 'contract" about transfers/substitutions, push their buttons...you might be asurprised at what happens.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.