Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
diveron Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Is the lack of telephone service affecting the airlines?

ummmm... it did Sunday smile But I hear all flights have resumed.

M
M
I just got a call from my husband at Miami Airport, on his way home from Banana Beach. Two friends that were scheduled to fly home with him today decided to go on a dive trip instead and get a flight home tomorrow. My husband asked me to get a message to them at Banana Beach that the airline (American) might not be issuing new tickets due to the lack of phone service.
I emailed the resort, I believe they're still online despite the phone outage.
Does anyone know if it's true? His friends can't SWIM home to Florida!

Ewwww! I didn't think about the flights! Bummer, I hope American is flying, I'm supposed to fly to BZE in a couple of days! Could someone keep me posted, I'll contact AA as well and report what I find. Thanks! This board is uber helpful!

One very important aspect of any vacation is the ability to fund it. Make sure you bring more cash and travelers cheques than usual. It's hard to pay by credit card at some places. The bank ATMS are out of service.

I'M HERE AT MONKEY BUSINESS AND A YOUNG COUPLE ARE HERE TRYING TO FIGURE HOW TO GET ENOUGH MONEY TO GET TO BLZ BECAUSE BUSINESS'S CANNOT CONFIRM CREDIT CARDS. This problem is causing problems. Too bad.

S
S
I called American- they said the only info they have is that their systems in Belize were down, so they advise all travellers leaving Belize to get to the airport earlier than usual because check in might take longer. Flying to Belize seems fine.

So ATMs and credit card machines are down? Any issues with the flights to San Pedro?

Having no phone service in or to the entire country for four or five days? No, that doesn't have any impact on airlines or tourism. Duh.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
S
S
Wow. Helpful Lan Sluder

Lan, your responce was interesting. I just spoke with someone who's flight was canceled when the phone lines were out and that they then resumed flights. Just thought an update would help some, but the past few days flights are regular.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.