Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#101153 - 04/17/05 09:21 PM a state of mind
HVYMTL Offline
just wanted to respond to some of the people that go away unhappy, from San Pedro..

My wife and I from our teenage years have always had the motto, home is where your heart is...
I think this applies to many things in life. We've done the "resort" tourist things for several years, spent the big dollars and stayed at many "you payed what?" places.Then we discovered San Pedro. Since then we've been hanging out down by the BVI on Virgin Gorda. Its a wonderful place but we want to come back to our 1st love, San Pedro. We have a 25th aniversary coming up in June, and Ambergrise is at the top of the list among others.
I spent most of my life trying to run away from myself and my own fears. One of the best things I did was get on a plane and go to a remote place in Central America. Most of my friends and some relitives think I was "out of my mind". Well maybe I was, and I'm glad I got out. smile
If they tell you it won't work over satellite, they didn't try hard enough!

#101154 - 04/17/05 11:02 PM Re: a state of mind
sophnramon Offline
Love the post! We spent our honeymoon on Virgin Gorda..... leaving for our first San Pedro trip this week.

#101155 - 04/19/05 01:04 AM Re: a state of mind
sanpedroone Offline
State of Mind: HVYMTL you have SanPedro in your heart!
Sometimes it just happens to certain people. Some leave Belize with a negitive attitude, and no desire in there heart to return. Then there are those who come to AC and know, within there heart that this is it. Paradise can be paradise anywhere, it is what you make it in your heart and in your mind. When you can not stop hearing the sounds of Belize in your head and feeling the life of Belize in your heart, you know it has to be yours, and you know your feet have to be in that sand.
So it will be, as we sell our house and book the shipping company, to be there by June 1st 2005. Now we own a part of the sea, a part of the land, a part of the sunrise and sunset..to look at and love, and no one can ever take that away. It is in our hearts and its very much a state of mind.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,243 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.