Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#101212 04/19/05 06:35 PM
OP Offline
Since restaurants are constantly changing, I always check the board for recent comments on what's good, bad, new or gone. Here's my feedback on places we ate at during our recent trip.

Caliente - We ate at Caliente for lunch and dinner; both were excellent. We had guacamole & chips, enchiladas, fajitas for lunch - very tasty. Highly recommend both the chicken picatta and the pez Mexicana for dinner. Great tasting salsa. Had a seat on the balcony for the Friday night chicken drop, however, the rooster was hugely upstaged by humans�.

BC's BBQ - Excellent as always - too much good food and too much fun. We got there at 11:30 - anyplace except on the beach in San Pedro the 45 minute wait for food would have been irritating. As it was, there was plenty of time to enjoy the view, the drinks and the people.

Stained Glass Pub - Standard pub fare - whadya expect for Shephard's Pie�. Tasted good with Marie Sharp's. Simon - it was nice meeting you - we hope everything's going well for you.

El Patio - Was great for a quiet dinner after a day-long trip. Shrimp in butter and garlic tasted great. Atmosphere was good, with subdued lighting, sand floor and an unobtrusive guitarist.

Jambel's Jerk Pit - Only disappointing meal of the trip. Although it's a jerk restaurant, we've always enjoyed their fish and chips with jerk sauce on the side. The night we ate there, the fish was mostly breading - the jerk sauce was as good as ever. We probably just ordered the wrong thing that night�.

The Reef - Food was good, but, not as good as at El Patio or Blue Water. Not disappointing, but not on our "must-do" list either.

Carumba - Had a great dinner. Since we don't drink, we enjoyed Carumba's smoothies. Conch ceviche was excellent, along with shrimp and fajitas. The street in front of Caramba's is currently being paved, but it's worth walking through the construction area to get there.

Wet Willy's Bar & Cantina - Had breakfast there - food was adequate but very forgettable, although it was pleasant sitting out on the dock to eat.

Papi's - Never seems to change - always good standard food. Can't go wrong with their fish burger for a fast lunch or with the rosemary chicken for dinner. Papi got married on the Saturday we were there, so the restaurant was closed for the day. The celebration kept the neighborhood hopping 'til about 2:00 AM.... So congratulate Papi when you stop by.

Blue Water Grill - Ate there for lunch just before flying back to the states�. Fish and chips were excellent. Caye lime pie was good, although I like the custard type better than the kind made with condensed milk. It was an excellent place to end the trip, relax and start missing San Pedro.

#101213 04/19/05 08:54 PM
Skyliner FIVE STARS to you for Restaurant reporting.

Dare To Deviate
#101214 04/20/05 02:22 AM
Congradulations Mami and Papi!!!! PS. at least BC's didn't give you the bums rush. :rolleyes:

Gone fishing!!
#101215 04/20/05 09:42 AM
S
S
Great post and it was a pleasure to meet you guys as well, I hope the trip was everything you wished for.

Cheers!

#101216 04/20/05 12:23 PM
EL Patio where is it can not seem to find it on the map

#101217 04/20/05 12:53 PM
OP Offline
El Patio is on one of the cross between Front and Middle Streets - I think it was Black Coral Street, however, it could be Buccaneer, which is one street north.

#101218 04/20/05 01:06 PM
Seems right near Belize Bank???

#101219 04/20/05 01:38 PM
S
S
No, other end of town, on side street across from Coral Beach Hotel.

#101220 04/20/05 02:58 PM
K
K
Thanks Skyliner. I'll use your list as my restaurant guide for my first trip next month.

#101221 04/20/05 04:01 PM
OP Offline
You'll have a great time - there are more good places to eat at than you'll have time for. We've always liked Sweet Basil - north of the cut, but we didn't have time this trip. I did notice that the place is for sale, so you may want to check with locals to find out if it's still open when you're there. We've also enjoyed Celi's - their cheese stuffed, beer battered fish is a heart attack on a plate, but it was always good. They also have, in my opinion, the 2nd best caye lime pie on the island. Jade Garden's is the best.

If for nothing other than grins, you also owe it to yourself to visit the Pandulce Bakery in the Boca del Rio area - Middle Street, just south of the hand ferry over the cut. Their cinnamon pull-apart bread is tasty and it's fun shopphing there.

Enjoy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.