Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#101327 04/21/05 11:39 AM
OP Offline
I have confirmed that US Air has cancelled its flight from Belize today. (Flight 319 BZE-Charlotte).

I can't confirm what it plans to do tomorrow, though I believe the word is flights to and from Belize are cancelled until further notice. I also don't know what AA, CO, DL and TACA plan.

This is the statement that US Air has released:

"The flight is cancelled because of conditions affecting the airport terminal at Belize City Bze, BELIZE. Customers will be re-accommodated. For information about your party please contact US Airways Reservations at (800) 428-4322."

Coincidentally, my nephew -- based on my glowing tales of Belize over the years -- was flying into Belize tomorrow for his first visit.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#101328 04/21/05 11:43 AM
I just called continental, and today's first flight left to Belize City and the next one in 2 hours is scheduled and on time.

#101329 04/21/05 11:49 AM
Yep, that is confirmed here too. Yeah Continental!!! wink

#101330 04/21/05 12:14 PM
S
S
Does anyone know what "conditions" US Air is talking about?

#101331 04/21/05 12:38 PM
S
S
OK, no response needed, I've been reading.

#101332 04/21/05 01:02 PM
B
B
In the case of USAir it may be more their current fiscal condition than any condition on the ground in Belize. I know out here in Phoenix they often look for excuses to cancel some under capacity flights or will let United take on their underbooked flights.
As I noted yesterday, Continental's AM flight from Houston was 14 minutes early and all flights for today were on schedule.

#101333 04/21/05 01:54 PM
I am leaving in 10 Days on American.I checked their flights and they are going and arriving on Schedule.

#101334 04/21/05 07:11 PM
OP Offline
Now posted on the US Air web site (the home page):

>> Due to circumstances in Belize, US Airways has relaxed its travel policies for passengers whose travel may be affected. For the latest flight details, please check your flight and gate information.

These re-accommodation procedures are available to passengers ticketed from April 21-24 2005.

Re-accommodation Procedure
For flights originally scheduled for this time period, US Airways will waive the standard change fee, advance reservation or ticketing requirements.

The entire itinerary can be moved forward or delayed, up to fourteen days from the scheduled origination date. The length of the trip cannot be changed.

Full value of wholly unused tickets can be applied toward the purchase of a ticket to an alternate destination, with travel to originate within seven days of the scheduled origination date.

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#101335 04/21/05 08:02 PM
R
R
I just spoke to someone at US Airways and he said all flights to Belize are scheduled to fly out tommorrow. He said they made the decision to cancel today because of the "political unrest". But now there are people stuck in Belize waiting to get back and those rescheduled tommorrow. He said they are giving people the option to not go if they want to postpone their flight without penalities because of what is going on there.

#101336 04/21/05 09:34 PM
Hello Everyone, normally I would not be saying anything on this subject, but it is about US air. I feel the need to give everyone a heads up on that airline.
I do not know if it is a good airline or not, but I know that in all the years that I have flown, US air is the only airline I have had a problem with.
Last May my Husband and I were booked for our usual trip to Belize, but instead AmericanAir or Contentintal, we got booked through Priceline with US air.
Night came that we had to gear up for the 4am arrival time at the airport, but we thought we would get a quick nap before we left. Hubby is sleeping and I am rechecking everything before I nap.
I never check with the airport, just show up as stated on my tickets. This time I decided that before I nap I will call the airline. US air told me my flight had been canceled..... And they never called!!
Tickets were no good, had to rush ( without the nap) to the airport to get reissued tickets. Contential, Delta, and American would not reissue US air tickets. Had to get new tickets. By this time it is 45 minutes to boarding time. By the time that mess was done and tickets on American were in our hands it was 20 minutes before boarding and we were still at the ticket counter.
All of that led to our luggage being flaged, we were we taged with SSS on our tickets. "Selected Security Search, which was more involved than the usual.....why???? Because no one would honor the US air tickets and Security saw us as last minute passengers. Moral of this is, if you hear rumors about an airline, stick with the one you usually use.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.