Moon
S
S
Want a quick education? Click on SEARCH above

M
Moon Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes, I had done a search before I posted the questions, but it just brought up every reference to it ever made in up to 300 posts! Never mind, I'll do a Google!

Cheers!
Moon
Pica Pica is sea lice (tho some say otherwise). Sea Safe is a repellent.

M
Moon Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Oh, thanks Barbara!! So Sea Safe should definitely be used if swimming in the water then??

Cheers!
Moon
Pica pica occurances are seasonal. We were on AC three weeks ago and had no problems with pica pica. Do the search suggested above and dig your way through the posts because they'll give you a better sense of when to expect pica pica in Belize - a google search won't.

J
J
Pica pica (aka) sea lice, are tiny almost microscopic organisms that get between your suit and skin and can sting you leaving very itchy welts. they often occur on or about the month of april and beginning may in ambergris. safe sea can be purchased online (do a google search) for 995 per 4.5 oz bottle and if applied properly you should have no problem with said sea lice. leasure pro sells it online as do a number of other companies. that is pretty much it in a nutshell....john in denver

M
Moon Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for all the great info, and also for that link - I've got a lot of reading to do!!

Thanks again!

Cheers!
Moon
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Pica-pica is very bad on AC at present.

Just got back and got it bad. I am pretty sure I got it snorkeling at Hol Chan Friday night. I had put sea safe on earlier in the day, but wore a tank top with my suit than evening. Didn't start getting the welts until Sunday morning. My whole chest area, some on my neck and abdomen. I have a steroid crème to help with the itching, and took some benadryl this morning. Pretty uncomfortable, but at least it didn't break out until we got back, would have been miserable in the heat and sun. Will be starting a new post with some questions, like duration, spreading, etc. Will post a trip report (was all good) as soon as the itching stops !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 261 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.