Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Benzy55 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi all,
We are in a group of 8 people and want to snorkle the Great Barrier Reef and get in a little shopping and eat some good food.

Any suggestions on a which snorkling company to use? Where to shop? Or where can we go to get some good food?

Any help will be appreciated, this is our first trip and we only have 1 day.

Thanks, Benzy

Benzy55
Are you staying in Belize City or are you coming out to Sanpedro? You can check out everything if you go to the top of this page and click on Belizesearch.com. Also your cruise ship will have alot of info for you. If you are coming to Sanpedro for the day you will only have about 6 hours on the Island before you have to return to Belize city and your ship, I would get to the Municipal airstrip and catch the 7:30 flt out here then you could catch the 3 or latest 4 oclock flt back. You may want to book your snorkling trip ahead of time and ask them to meet you at the airstrip when you arrive to save on time. Have fun, the trip will be a little hectic but worth the time.

Reality..What a concept!
and hopefully the "Great Barier Reef" is a typo, otherwise it's going to be a long flight and your cruise ship will be long gone by the time you get back :p

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
You got that right mate! laugh

Reality..What a concept!
Hmmmmm. Years ago papashine pointed out the "barrier reef" to me, and then said, "it's Great, eh?"

I would suggest that he is the expert on such matters among others. (Just don't let him cut your hair).

Its a great barrier reef eh!

Reality..What a concept!
1 day on a cruise ship means only a certain amount of hours for the day. You don't want to miss snorkeling in San Pedro. Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley would probably give you a great experience for the amount of time you have.
Papashine has good advice. You can book in advance on your ship or do it yourself. The ship web sites generally have a sampling of the tours they offer. Adhering to the ship schedule is important. It will be hectic but well worth it.
I recommend the street vendors for food - fast and very good - you have to remember you are on Belize time - which means restaurants are not quick. Street vendors are more authentic. The food would be something to experience when you come to stay for more than a day, besides you have plenty of food on the ship laugh
There is not a lot to shop for in San Pedro unless you are into local art, wood carvings, Mayan weavings and hand made jewelry by locals which can be found close to the street vendors in the middle of town. My experience, with cruise ships is that the cruise terminals offer much of what you could find at local shops(caps, t-shirts, shot glasses, etc.) - all in one place and its faster. One item I would not forget to bring back with me is some Marie Sharps hot sauce - the one with the green label is to die for - if you are into that - seeing you are from Texas, you probably are wink
I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Time flys - have fun!
S
S
The first time we were in Belize it was on a cruise ship. We booked a trip through the ship and it was great. It was run by Capt. Hereria (sp)of Caye Caulker. The boat was the Metioride (sp). It included snorkling at Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley, and a stop at SP and Caye Caulker. It was worth the$$.
Besides the fact that you don't want the ship to leave without you. We enjoyed our taste of Belize so much that we had our second trip to SP this past January and are planning our next trip as we speak!
Whatever you do, enjoy!

It is much cheaper to book your own snorkel trip-the cost on the cruise ship is 125usd per person-you should be able to rent a decent boat, captain, crew for 60usd per person to caye caulker

B
Benzy55 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the advice and I am going to check out everything and I want to do snorkle the Hol Chan and Shark/Stingray Alley for sure.
Also, thanks for telling me about the hot sauce I will be sure and pick some of that up I love anything hot.
Benzy
13 days and counting....

Benzy55
If you go into BelizeNews.com at the top of this page and click on the San Pedro Sun you can pull up a printable copy of their weekly publishing of what is going on locally - lots of advertising of locals, etc.

Time flys - have fun!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.