Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#102488 - 05/07/05 01:10 AM unbelievable
renski Offline
Just returned from san padro after a 10 day stay. First time there!! The best part of the whole experience was the people. I have never been to another country where the people outshone the climate and the activites, as the people of SP!! We took many pictures and will post them soon. We brought our own fishing rods and spent many days with some local children just FISHIN...lots of fun stories to share..thankyou to everyone on this post for their invaluble experiences....were going back(lol) longer next time cheers Renski

#102489 - 05/07/05 09:24 AM Re: unbelievable
Chloe Offline
Thanks for reporting, yes it is unBelizable!
Dare To Deviate

#102490 - 05/07/05 09:59 AM Re: unbelievable
GailM Offline
UnBelizeable is more like it.

#102491 - 05/07/05 01:46 PM Re: unbelievable
J&J Offline
Where did you have the best luck fishing? I'm going on Monday and bring the poles.

#102492 - 05/07/05 08:06 PM Re: unbelievable
marge Offline
Please give us a trip report. Where did you stay, what activities did you do. What about eats. Favorites?

#102493 - 05/07/05 08:13 PM Re: unbelievable
renski Offline
Hey J&J..we just sat on the dock in front of Hammock house (Tom'S) private dock..he didnt mind at all.The bait was eaten of our lures so fast..I swore there were nothing in there but piranas(ha ha) The trick is to bring along small hooks that way you can hang onto your bait a little longer. My husband also waded in the water just in front of where we were staying and tried some fishing..but no luck.It was definatley worth it to take our own rods just for the joy of watching some of the children have the thrill of trying them out. Beatrice was a pro!!Many of the docks are privately owned and it is not favoured thatyou fish from them. Cheers and have an awesome time!!

#102494 - 05/07/05 08:48 PM Re: unbelievable
renski Offline
Hi Marge..we stayed at Briannas Beach House( we loved it)You can find it on this forum under the lodging tab.The owners Willie & Sandy run a tour company called Serious adventures.I also believe they are a part of Seduced Adventures. We went cave tubing which was an all day event..with breakfast lunch and drinks included. We took a boat over to Belize ate breakfast beside the river then took a van over to the Belize Zoo and some some very interesting habitat.It was an extremely hot day..Hats were needed and water was provided thru serious adventures.After the Zoo we headed up to the Mayan Moutains, had lunch at a place called Jaguars Paw..then hiked
about 45 mins (hot) to the top with intertubes in tow.We then jumped into the river from the top of the rocks (how refreshing!)and tubed down the river through the very interesting caves.This was something I am happy that I experienced..but honestley would only do once.We are not cattle people so to speak. All inclusives and tour trips are not our nature so this was a experience to say the least. We also went snorkling to shark ray alley(loved it)Willie blew my mind with all of his knowledge of the life of the underworld.He also inspired me to get my diving certification..(in the process now) He was so natural in the water. Unfortunately my husband got somewhat seasick after we came close to the barrier reef.Hopefully that wont deter him from learning to dive.. I guess its the Prairie boy verses the island girl syndrome (lol)We ate in many different places..but we loved Papis the most. Elvis had great conch chowder.The spindrift(?) was very tasty and reasonably priced. The chicken drop at calinetes..AWESOME...we won.Meeting new people like Rodger, Jennifer, Nolan and Marlene from Texas..lots of fun. I love San Pedro!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 58 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,711 Topics
461,241 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.