Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#102978 - 05/15/05 12:49 PM Pica Pica???
Judie Brock Offline
Arriving Tuesday...yippeeee! Anyone have a recent update on whether those little critters are still around? Got it BAD a few years ago in Tobago, moderate last year on AC. Bringing enough Safesea to drown in, hydrocort cream, Benadryl...and an epi pen!

#102979 - 05/15/05 01:09 PM Re: Pica Pica???
bywarren Offline
I got it bad a week ago. Also, I heard that Vagisil works to help with the itching after you get it. Although I have not done a study on that yet. I did not have any in my medicine kit cool and could not find anyone who had used it that would share it second hand with me. :p

#102980 - 05/15/05 02:57 PM Re: Pica Pica???
papashine Offline
Please forgive me for this little Hijack...but by..Your post here really has the makings of a good joke..

#102981 - 05/15/05 03:31 PM Re: Pica Pica???
Chloe Offline
Bywarren, once again flew under the radar. wink

#102982 - 05/15/05 04:03 PM Re: Pica Pica???
Ernie B Offline
I think I could do a whole chapter on By's post but he would shoot me down quicker that he bust's Jesse.

#102983 - 05/15/05 04:12 PM Re: Pica Pica???
papashine Offline
Judie, It sounds like you are bringing down all the fav meds for pica-pica, the little critters are most likely still out there but should dissapear soon.

#102984 - 05/15/05 04:32 PM Re: Pica Pica???
Judie Brock Offline
Seems to me that I didn't get it snorkeling/playing close to shore by the piers, only when we went to the reef. Is this typical?

#102985 - 05/15/05 04:55 PM Re: Pica Pica???
doggums Offline
Benadryl - oral or topical, or both?

#102986 - 05/15/05 05:12 PM Re: Pica Pica???
papashine Offline
Not really, I seem to get hit no matter where I am if the critters are around, as a point of interest, when I first arrived in Belize I never got hit for the first 20 or 30 times, everyone else who had been here for awhile always got hit and I did not, its kind of like the more you get hit the more suseptible you become, now I'm just like everyone else..if they are out there i'm a itchin. Go to home page on ambergriscaye.com, click on diving, scroll all the way down to jellyfish, its about the pica-pica, a couple of different theories.

#102987 - 05/15/05 05:42 PM Re: Pica Pica???
papashine Offline
Side note...invite wonderwoman with you..throw her in the water first, if she starts yelling and climbing out of the water the pica are there, wonderwomen is a pica-pica barometer!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (Marty, wiley, 2 invisible), 43 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,043 Topics
462,256 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.