Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#103070 - 05/16/05 08:33 AM First Timers!
kerrierich Offline
We're heading to AC June 1st - can't wait! Has anyone ever stayed in the casitas at Victoria Hosue? We have 3 casitas reserved & had heard nothing but good things about VH until recently I read something negative about the casitas. It's too late to change them anyway, but I'm just curious.
Also, I'm kind of freaked out about these "Pica Pica" creatures. We ordered some safesea & plan to bring benadryl as well - is there anything else we need to bring? Will those critters still be there in June?
One more thing... what are the things we shouldn't miss? We'll only be there 6 days & want to make the most of it! Is cave tubing worth it? And do you have to go to the zoo if you go cave tubing? Only one of us dives, but the rest are interested in snorkeling at least one day - which place would be the best for both diving and snorkeling? Sorry so many questions... Please give me any advice you have!

One more thing (this is it I promise)... does anyone have any more pictures of Victoria House? Thank you!

#103071 - 05/16/05 02:05 PM Re: First Timers!
Barbara K Offline
The casitas at VH are great! No worries. Lots of pics of VH property on my photo site. Mostly on the Sept 2004 trip. http://photos.yahoo.com/barbsbelize

You can do just cave tubing w/o the zoo (but the zoo is nice and worth it IMO)

#103072 - 05/16/05 04:09 PM Re: First Timers!
SuzyQ Offline
You'll definately want to do the Hol Chan, Shark Ray Alley snorkel trip. We did the zoo and never saw so many fat happy animals. Never did the cave tubing, just river tubing! Have a great time, wish I was there!

#103073 - 05/17/05 01:47 PM Re: First Timers!
Spyder Offline

#103074 - 05/17/05 02:35 PM Re: First Timers!
DuxFan Offline
Thanks for the Pics Barbara! We are going for the first time to AC in Sept for our honeymoon and also staying at Vic house. Really looking forward to it.

#103075 - 05/17/05 02:49 PM Re: First Timers!
Phyllis&Ray Offline
Pica Pica should be gone by then smile
Cave tubing was fun, but not for everyone, moves kindof slow, not sure if the water was just low but there were lots of "butt's up" spots, and it was chilly when you are in the caves, most of the kids were complaining. The zoo was very cool, glad we ended up going, we weren't going to at first. It isn't really a zoo, they arerescued and injured animals, all native to Belize, that they try to put back in the wild, some I had never heard of. My personal favorite was the Harpy Eagle, the black panther was awesome too.
I agree Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley is a must, don't know of anywhere else you can have such an experience. Enjoy!

#103076 - 05/17/05 09:03 PM Re: First Timers!
Skyliner Offline
Check out the catamaran trip Seaduced runs to Basil Jones. Some good snorkeling, good food, relaxing time and a full day. It was a bit pricey, but worth it.

#103077 - 05/17/05 09:16 PM Re: First Timers!
lillew Offline
well we returned from AC 2 weeks ago, I agree you have to do HolChan and sharkray alley we actually did them twice...once with hilaboo and then with Willy. Both Guides were excellent. We did the cave tubing...it was ok water level was waaaay down so when they say *butts up* you best get it up. The ruins were awesome. They only complaint which is my own fault. The travelling time for The cave tubing...NEXT TIME I AM FLYING OVER!!!!! few bucks more but I think it is worth it. We also did a fishing day and YES!!! I caught four and proudly ate them, this comming from a NON fish eater. As for VH I saw the building it was clean and nice looking. However I will return to stay at the Sunbreeze. They were the best!!!!!

#103078 - 05/18/05 08:14 AM Re: First Timers!
kerrierich Offline
Thank you all so much for the info & the pictures! I really appreciate it!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Safecracker, 1 invisible), 52 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,710 Topics
461,236 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.