Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
Great info here, thanks everyone. I'm thinking heading to AC in early September. Is it relatively safe for a woman traveling alone? I was planning a few days on AC and then heading inland for a few days. Any advice is welcome. I live/work in a big city so I'm used to being "aware of my surroundings."

L
L
Yes, perfectly safe - I have done it many times. Use common sense and caution, just like you would anywhere else. And. . .you will probably meet a lot of great folks along the way!

Enjoy.

L
L
Hi - yes, I've only been there once and felt completely safe and plan to return in October ALONE. As LaurieMar says use common sense. Also, I did meet a ton of people - I don't think I even had one meal by myself.

Liz
L
L
Hey... I'm heading there in October as well. I'm in my early 30s but have never travelled alone. It's also my first time to Belize and I have absolutely no reservations about it. I'm not the type of girl who really feels comfortable hanging out alone in a bar, etc... but I'm sure I'll make a few friends while I'm there.

No place is PERFECTLY SAFE. Not Belize, not anywhere.

Lauriemar, the second part of your answer was correct "Use common sense and caution, just like you would anywhere else".

It's a poor country and poverty breeds crime, some of it is violent and not everyone is friendly.

I have been there a few times by myself (and I never travel by myself). You will meet lots of great people and have a great time. It's impossible not to!

I have traveled to Belize numerous times by myself. Have never felt unsafe.

For those of you who are going in October. I'll be there from the 8th through the 16th. Let's try and get together at Crazy Canucks!!

L
L
Would love to, Fluffy. I'm actually arriving on Oct 9 now instead of 10 because US Air cancelled that flight. I know I'm supposed to be off exploring all things new and wonderful on this trip, but a little visit "home" would be nice, I think. I do have to try this local beer everyone is talking about.... but just once, could I get a Keiths? LOL

Definately a safe place to go alone, I went alone 6 times and now on my way to live there a few months! You'll fall in love with it there even faster if you go alone, you'll have more opportunity to see more, meet more people, and experience. Have a wonderful adventure.
KE

L
L
Oh, come on Fluffy - I don't want to hear it! You just got back. I am trying to figure out a way to get back this year too, but airfares are too high right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.