Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I am coming to AC for the first time one June 11 (next Sat), so excited! But I am wondering how is the phone situation now? Ok or still up and down? Can I rely on using my credit cards or should I buy traveller's checks?

Also if I bring cash do the restuarants on AC take USD? I know some places charge an extra charge on the bill if you pay by credit cards.... Thanks!

Use the internet cafe's to call and use e-mail. USD is accepted everywhere. Have fun and travellers checks are always a good idea anywhere absoad. cool

J
J
I usually don't bother getting traveler's checks, however, I did this visit because of the problems last month. I never needed them. Virtually everywhere that we went took credit cards. We had minor problems in San Ignacio and on Caye Caulker with the credit cards, but not in San Pedro.

jeanh...how was your trip. It was a pleasure to meet you! cool

J
J
Hey, Reaper, trip was awesome, as usual. One of these days I may even do a trip report. It was great meeting you, and your new wife and son, as well.

I'm working on convincing my kids (adult) that we all need to go to Belize late this fall. I don't know how I managed to raise two kids who want to stay home!

L
L
Re phone: buy a Belize phone card. I called my mom on Mother's Day - no problem. U.S. phone cards no longer work down there.

go to coconet internet cafe in town center cheap calls to us like $1 belize a min = 50 cents us ,a deal ... quick and easy.I to try to use credit cards where I can ..but take some travler checks ,if you do not use them ??? no big deal keep them for another trip.. they do not go stale.. go live the dream and enjoy..

Living The Dream Every Day!
JeanH...sever all ties with your "kids" and adopt US!!! We'll go with you guys anytime!!! laugh cool

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks you all, can't wait!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.