Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
OP Offline
For those of you who are regular blood donors in the states, you should be aware that you cannot donate blood for one year after a visit to Belize.

Don't let that stop you from coming to Belize. You can always walk around certain parts of Belize City after dark and donate your blood there. wink

OP Offline
With a chronic blood shortage in the US, although it may not be the most important issue to some, those of us who regularly donate certainly should be aware of this.

and folks, save the attempted humor in responding to this issue. The patients in burn units, leukemia patients, people on operating room tables and hemophiliacs are not laughing about this.

Only the truly ignorant would think this is a laughing matter.

There are also lots of good causes in Belize that are aided by people coming here and I don't see anything about not going to the US for what ever reasons mentioned by Belizeans.

Maybe your post was not meant to be interpreted as a reason for people not to visit Belize and to stay home and support the causes you do, but it certainly could be interpreted that way.

So rather than refer to people as being ignorant, maybe you could use a little more of your intellegence in wording your posts to more accuratly reflect your views. That is assuming your views were not accuratly worded so as not to be missunderstood.

confused

Gone fishing!!
confused eek confused

just curious... any place on AC that we could donate while we are on holiday instead ???

I'm not sure, I know you can donate in Belize city, I'll ask around and let you know.

Reality..What a concept!
Maybe the new Lions Clinic?

OP Offline
bywarren,

Try rereading my post. Did I say anything about not visiting Belize?

So sorry that this isn't one of the threads involving questions about the best way to get your hotel room fridge stocked with beer before you arrive or so many other truly important issues that have been beaten to death here.

However some people might actually be interested. I personally have donated over five gallons of blood in the last twenty years. I donate several times a year. If I had known my visit would keep me from donating, I would have given right before my trip.

As far as using my intelligence, take your own advice.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.