Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#104864 - 06/15/05 07:25 PM Booking activites
Roxanne Offline
We will be in Belize in August, We have lots of activities in mind but we have not booked them. A friend suggested waiting until we arrive and discussing our activites with our hotel. Is this the way to go, or should we actually book the activies before we leave?

Is anyone going to be in Belize in August?!!

#104865 - 06/15/05 09:06 PM Re: Booking activites
SimonB Offline
Your friend is right.

#104866 - 06/15/05 09:14 PM Re: Booking activites
captjeff Offline
In august would wait.no rush get a feel of what you want you will get a better understaning first hand ..also stay away from all the places in town., the small booths that offer free infomation ,or free something .nothing free always a catch or sales presention . go live the dream and enjoy..

#104867 - 06/15/05 11:26 PM Re: Booking activites
Now Danny Offline
Waite untill you get there and see what's happening. If you want to go fishing in calm sea check it out in morning and go to boat docks early on loogon side a get a guide that's not busy and have a ball. One half day fishing in early morning and you'll catch all the fish you can eat. Live the dream. wink

#104868 - 06/16/05 07:38 PM Re: Booking activites
Roxanne Offline
Thank you all, We still have two months to go and I just cant get enough information. I keep wanting more and more. Constantly looking for soemone here locally who has been there in order to pick their brains. We cannot wait to to get away from the stress of our everyday lives of work and hormonal teenagers. The only worry I have is the communications. How are we able to communicate with the rest of the world. Im sure our cell phones wont work there, so do they have internet or land line phones accessible to the public?

#104869 - 06/16/05 07:49 PM Re: Booking activites
Or Offline
Don't worry so much.............. first land, then put your feet up (or in the sand) and enjoy. Their is e-mail and if you really need a cell phone you can rent one or buy one.

#104870 - 06/16/05 08:18 PM Re: Booking activites
SimonB Offline
The Internet Cafes all provide low cost international calling. If your phone is GSM capable you can buy a chip at Sea Turtle, C's or BTL along with a phone card. With that you can make and receive international calls.

#104871 - 06/16/05 11:50 PM Re: Booking activites
Roxanne Offline
Awesome!! Thank you SimonB. I belive my husbands Nextel is GSM capable. I will definately go that route. We have a 2yr old and a 15yr old that we will need to be in contact with at home. Now,,, all is good. We will be looking forward to sand between our toes and a Corona in hand... smile
Thanks again

#104872 - 06/16/05 11:52 PM Re: Booking activites
SP Daily Offline
Forget the Corona... you'll be drinking Belikin

#104873 - 06/22/05 12:11 AM Re: Booking activites
Texan34 Offline
Much better than Corona anyway!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Judyann H., BrownDogs, azbob, steeplejack, 1 invisible), 37 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,060 Topics
462,314 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.