Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1049 - 03/06/06 10:21 PM Suggestions for pic posting site?
SeaDreams Offline
Hi all -

After visiting Belize for the first time in November, we're returning in April. (Couldn't wait longer!)

I've been struggling to get our pics posted on our website, but it takes so long to get anything uploaded. After checking out the various links you've all been using to let share your trips, I'd like your input.

For a someone who's not really familiar with these services, and who has to use dial up (I know - old school, but it's REALLY expensive to get DSL where we live!) what would you suggest as one of the picture sites best to use so we could load and just put a link up?

All your experience is really appreciated!
My reality check bounced.

#1050 - 03/06/06 10:47 PM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
seashell Offline
My dive buddy uses Kodakshare. Unfortunately, I can't really tell you what is involved with the load, but I really wanted to speak out on behalf of someone who goes and looks at the pictures. Of all of them, I like viewing in that service best of all others I have seen.

Teenah (a board member) uses that one too. If she's around maybe she can help. Teenah?? Oh Teenah, are you back home yet?
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#1051 - 03/06/06 11:03 PM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
LaGrange48 Offline
I use a site at photobucket.com ...upload your pics then copy and paste the link..Hope this helps
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.
Have Mercy

#1052 - 03/06/06 11:04 PM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
klcman Offline
first of all, since you are on dialup ( didn't know that still existed wink ) whichever site you select, be sure to keep your image sizes small. Otherwise, it will be time for your next vaca to AC and you'll still be uploading!

SS's suggestoin is fine. Lotas of good sites out there. Go look at osme and see what feels righrt for you. Yahoo & flickr merged..good move. Shutterfly, Ofoto, photobucket also good.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

#1053 - 03/06/06 11:12 PM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
seashell Offline
Isn't Ofoto now called Kodakshare??
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#1054 - 03/06/06 11:59 PM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
SeaDreams Offline
SS - I've been trying to base my choices on what I've viewed already... so it fits with what you've said.

LG - Another site that we'll check out to see if it fits with our limited capabilites. (Limited on both our abilities and available technology.)

klc - Living in dinosaur country does cause some predatory problems, however we've learned to live with them... just find the cave choices to be limited. However... options from everyone are giving us some daylight! laugh

#1055 - 03/07/06 11:21 AM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
BelizeItPlease Offline
I really like www.shutterfly.com because if you download their tool you can set up your photos to all download and go to bed. It'll keep working on it all night. Another plus is that you don't have to sign up in order to view photos - whereas several others force you to do this. And you get your own website that you can give to people like www.BelizeItPlease.shutterfly.com (not really mine so it won't work, but you get the idea).

One word of warning, it's actually a photo ordering site, so once you upload your pictures in hi-rez, it'll only display low-rez versions, which is GREAT for sharing because they show up fast, even for those on dial-up, but not so great if someone wants to right click and use it for their own uses because there's not enough there for anything larger than wallet size.

#1056 - 03/07/06 11:21 AM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
KYJeff Offline
www.flickr.com is a easy to use free picture hosting site.

#1057 - 03/07/06 12:24 PM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
Hon Offline
If you are using Windows XP you can download an image resizing tool -
- that will reduce the size of your .jpg files to make uploading pictures much, much faster. (Credit to Richard for that lead wink )

Then just pick a hosting site that you like (I picked Yahoo) and go wild! laugh
Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.

#1058 - 03/07/06 03:31 PM Re: Suggestions for pic posting site?
SeaDreams Offline
Wow - thanks all! Lots of stuff for me to go play with now. I've got enough time before we arrive (46 sleeps!)to figure out what I'm doing and what works best.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (brewdr), 68 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,739 Topics
461,315 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.