Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
#105298 09/27/05 03:19 PM
Corona Steve, it is my opinion that you and the monorail person just don't get what is so appealing about Ambergris Caye for most visitors and property owners.
Also, most of the frequent users of this message board do so for pleasure.

#105299 09/27/05 03:34 PM
Quick note regarding insurance. You CAN get insurance on wooden structures here on the island. The insurance companies are careful regarding WHOM they decide to insure. And obviously, if you have wooden/thatch building next to the hottest barbeque and grill spot in town, you might possibly not get coverage.

There are some basic critia that you need to fulfil in order to be covered - such as not storing gasoline in the building, maintaining required building set-backs, pruning trees, having a fire extinguisher on site etc.

I had a wooden house for 10 years that was insured. After hurricane Keith my house had some damage. The insurance company paid me for my claim within 4 days of my claim - which went in less than 2 weeks after the storm. And, when it came time for renewal I was still covered. I have subsequently sold the house - and the new owners also have the house insured.

Just wanted to dispel this strange myth.

#105300 09/27/05 03:39 PM
Yes you can get insurance on concrete condos. We typically purchase an All Perils Insurance Policy which covers, fire, flood, hurricane/windstorm, aircraft and road vehicular impact, earthquake, volcanic eruptions etc.

Cost is about $12 per thousand for concrete and $15 per thousand for wood**** I am quoting from memory, but should be fairly accurate.

#105301 09/27/05 06:08 PM
KC Offline
CS said, "I only think it best for all".
-----------

Therein lies the rub, CS. Can you tell by the response here that a lot of people do not think it best? Do you care? Or do you just think that we are stupid, and don't know "what's good for us"?

KC

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#105302 09/27/05 06:18 PM
Thanks for the info Amanda. I thought this forum was reviewed by the Town Board and Mayor Paz on a daily basis to guide future development policy, not for entertainment or "general chat". I can't wait for Basil Jones International Airport to open up north. I'm going to become the new Jet and make a fortune selling rum punch and hot dogs! Amanda, Get a local invite list for the dispersal of your winnings! cool

#105303 09/27/05 06:45 PM
S
S
So far, 389 people have read al about Amanda's prize and are expecting to share in it. Gonna be challenging trying to divide 24 bottles of beer amongst that crowd!

#105304 09/27/05 07:25 PM
Maybe we'll have to have another contest. Any ideas??? By the way, I loved the shot of 1959 AC in todays edition. What is in that location now? cool

#105306 09/29/05 03:57 PM
I just returned from AC last night. I have seen with my own eyes the plans for the bridge. I have spoken to the ones who will be building the bridge, and those who own the properties surrounding the propsed bridge areas on the Northern side of the cut. While we were there, we watched the pilings being put into the ground to support the ferry operation while the bridge is being erected. The work is underway. We all know it will take a very long time to get the bridge completed, but at least it is in the works, in that, we can actually see progress now. Now, of course there will be those who oppose the bridge, and those who think it will be the best thing since sunshine. I, for one, am happy it's going in, and after it's in, perhaps the roads will get the attention they need. Maybe not. And, while I was there, we took a cart as far north as we could go, and the roads are in as poor condition as they ever were, but not much worse than they were on our last trip. And...there wasn't ANY "Black Goop" on the roads, and from where I saw it, the rainy season had more to do with the pot holes....not the construction. I saw the "front end loader" scraping the road after a rain, and thought it was doing a nice job...of course, it won't last, but it was at least an effort. We also drove as far South as we could, past the end of the utilities, and the road is wonderful, and, traveled by heavy trucks and construction equipment. This is the area where the dredging is most active, and it has improved the roads. What's up with that??? Perhaps the private sector is contributing to the problem more than they want to admit, and looking to the developers to place the blame. Seems to me there are an awful lot of unhappy people living in paradise, and just need something to gripe about. I'm hoping it's not catching. But, please, given how everyone allows "Island Time" to dictate the length of time it takes to get anything done, it would be nice to allow that time for everything, not just what YOU want. Remember.."good things come to those who wait", so let's just wait and see what happens. Peace and Love to you all, and God Bless!

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
#105307 09/29/05 04:38 PM
I can buy a box of 400 popote (straws)at the local store. If I kick in another case of beer that will only be 389 to 48 beers. Could work. Jess, don't forget a lot of the folks that said they want to share actual live on the message board and will only be with us in spirit - not physically. I think the list is Jesse, Cal, Me, Reaper, Capt Jeff so far. And 48 bottles of beer on the wall.

#105308 09/29/05 05:03 PM
S
S
Thats about 8 straws per bottle...that could work as long as we don't have any backflow problems.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 186 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.