Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#105326 - 06/23/05 04:07 PM Boat rental
LuvHotRods Offline
Hi all,

I have been reading this board for about a month now. The information has been wonderful.

I have been to AC twice and am returning next October. When we (my husband & I) visit, we like to go fishing. We will hire a guide, but would also like to go "out on our own". Is there a place you can rent fishing boats for the day?

Secondly, totally off the orignal subject, the last time I was in San Pedro (March), Big Daddys was closed. Is this a permanate thing or were they just remodeling.

Even though this is the first time you have "met me", I feel like I know a lot of you already. It is nice formally meeting you all. smile

#105327 - 06/24/05 02:29 AM Re: Boat rental
hilly boo Offline
TRY GIlbert Lara for boat rentals.hillyboo1991@yahoo.com

#105328 - 06/24/05 04:03 AM Re: Boat rental
margarita Offline
"out on our own". Can be very dangerous when you don't know the reef & currents. There is no coast guard type of rescue help. Most places won't let you rent more than a kayak without a guide, for many very good & safe reasons.

Have you tried a shore lunch? Fish, snorkel & then your guide cooks the fresh fish (or lobster)on the beach! Hard to beat!
Belize it!

#105329 - 06/24/05 01:15 PM Re: Boat rental
LuvHotRods Offline
I have most definately tried the shore lunch and it makes me smile . In fact each time we have visited AC, we have made sure that one of our fishing days has the shore lunch and I will also make sure I do it again this time. It is definately something I would recommend to anyone who hires a guide.

As far as out on our own, we would only stick to the flats fishing, we have a GPS and are both experienced boaters (with my husband having ocean experience as well). We also wouldn't rent our own boat until after at least two trips with a guide to refamilarize ourselves with the water. However, I can understand why most places would not want to rent boats to tourists. That is why I thought I would check here, to see if there is even a possiblitly.

Hilly boo, I will keep that name and check 'im out when I get there.

Thank you both for the information.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 30 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.