Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105350 - 06/24/05 04:04 PM fishing guides for August
theeux Offline
I and my fried (with our families) will be in AC (at belize beach suites) from August 6 to 16. We are gets passionate fishermen and we do not see the hour to try to confront to us with the fish of the Belize. Our objective is tarpon and bonefish flat fishing.

We wish to know if it is necessary to book in advance fishing guides or not for August period.

We do not have idea about fishing guides. We would have a professional one.

We fish maily with spinning tecnique but we have also tried to begin to learn fly-fishing and we would want to be put to the test also.

Regarding fly-fishing we want to know it is better to have own rods and reels or if it is not so expensive to rent them in AC.

Many thanks.

#105351 - 06/24/05 04:11 PM Re: fishing guides for August
papashine Offline
Email Hillyboo he will have all the imformation you require. hillyboo1991@yahoo.com

#105352 - 06/24/05 04:44 PM Re: fishing guides for August
captjeff Offline
theeux papashine has a good start with his info above..also go to fishingsanpedro.com the web site now is managed by steve from coconet internet cafe in town he books fishing for six of island great guides , incl hilly boo above ,you will see my goodlooking face in the photo's .. .I have fished with most of them ..they use good tackel, and are local guides who know there stuff. I fish here once a month for two over years now..and I love this place .but it vey ,very impotant to use a proven capt ,not some pickup guy off the street with a borrowed boat and junk rods and rusty reels and sells himself cheap...... .book your guides in advavnce as the good ones book up quick....the guide you book needs to be the guide you go with !!!!!!!!! ,not a fill in want a be..you can call steve at 1 508 721 6556 a usa call ..tight lines to you and good fishing..go live the dream and enjoy your stay in paradise..

#105353 - 06/24/05 07:08 PM Re: fishing guides for August
krehfish Offline
Generally the guides are not in high demand in August. That being said, the really good ones get booked, esp. the tarpon guys 'cuz the "big boys" are in that time of year. They're probably already booked by serious flyguy tarpon hunters. Check w/your lodging's tour desk and see who they book. Then post it here and ask for opinions. The Capt's guys are good(hell, he recommends them, so what more do you want).

#105354 - 06/24/05 08:36 PM Re: fishing guides for August
captjeff Offline
krehfish is right ask the board for there insight once you find a guides name .and any one I say is good is good ,I think .well maybe for me but not you ??? all kidding aside book a guide quick,but I do not like hotel reco 's, ??? myself.. so check out your guide please.. .

#105355 - 06/24/05 09:23 PM Re: fishing guides for August
krehfish Offline
That raises one other issue. I've fished for years with Vincent, and never hesitate to recomend him. But, he's not particularly talkative, and when we fish, well, we fish. May go an hour w/o saying anything to each other. Other people really want more of an "experience", and enjoy hearing local issues, gossip, etc. When you hire a guide you have to evaluate your abilities, and give some thought to what you want. Doesn't mean you'll get the "right" guy, but your chances improve. For instance, Belize is a great place for a flyrod novice to catch bonefish, but tarpon are not a fish for someone to learn on. Great for a reasonably competant flyrodder to catch their first truly large fish. But if you can't throw it 40'w/ease, stick to bones. my .02

#105356 - 06/24/05 10:03 PM Re: fishing guides for August
Barbara K Offline
So who knows the good guides for fishing with kids? My 7 yr old really loves to fish and we've gone with Bicho before but I'd like to try someone else. Someone fun and good with kids. Not super serious...but he does want to catch fish too! I know a lot of guides but most are more serious than I want.

#105357 - 06/27/05 02:49 PM Re: fishing guides for August
krehfish Offline
Barb: I can think of 6 guides I've fished with over the years, but I've never had a kid in the boat. There were 2 or 3 that I won't get back in a boat with, Of the names above I'd guess Manuel would be best. He's such an accomodating person, and genuinely wants to help. Plus, his boat is set up in way I'd think would be kid friendly.

#105358 - 06/27/05 10:12 PM Re: fishing guides for August
Bonefish 13 Offline
Check out www.sportsfishingbelize.com, the answer to all your questions shall be found...

Quote:
Originally posted by theeux:
I and my fried (with our families) will be in AC (at belize beach suites) from August 6 to 16. We are gets passionate fishermen and we do not see the hour to try to confront to us with the fish of the Belize. Our objective is tarpon and bonefish flat fishing.

We wish to know if it is necessary to book in advance fishing guides or not for August period.

We do not have idea about fishing guides. We would have a professional one.

We fish maily with spinning tecnique but we have also tried to begin to learn fly-fishing and we would want to be put to the test also.

Regarding fly-fishing we want to know it is better to have own rods and reels or if it is not so expensive to rent them in AC.

Many thanks.

#105359 - 06/27/05 10:14 PM Re: fishing guides for August
rickcheri Offline
HillyBoo for SURE!!!!! C

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 40 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,054 Topics
462,289 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.